[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the first step in "fixing myself" should be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 2fagNQ3.png (267 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
2fagNQ3.png
267 KB, 500x382
I think the first step in "fixing myself" should be working on my almost non-existant motivation.

For most of my life I've had issues with it. It always takes a lot to get me to get up and doing things and a lot of the time I find myself sitting around letting my time waste away because it's "easier". It's had a massively negative effect on my education as well as my overall social life and mood. I think once I deal with this everything else will fall into place more easily

What can I do about this? It's really problematic
>>
File: 1462533618074.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462533618074.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
Push yourself you lazy fuck.
>>
File: 1462535567757.png (1 MB, 1175x900) Image search: [Google]
1462535567757.png
1 MB, 1175x900
>>17345060
Do you really think that other people don't have the same issues? Do you think you're magically struggling more than everyone else?

Just fucking do shit, it's what literally everyone on the planet deals with.
>>
>>17345054
>I think the first step in "fixing myself" should be working on my almost non-existant motivation.
Not quite the first step, though certainly an early one. Find some small, quick wins, and start with those instead, and use the momentum to start working on motivation.
>>
>>17345076
>Find some small, quick wins, and start with those instead, and use the momentum to start working on motivation.

Little wins? Care to give some examples?

>>17345074
>>17345060
We'll yeah. The issue is that changing a mindset that I've established throughout my whole life isn't always as simple as "just doing it" at least, it's never been for me.
>>
>>17345054

There are things you know you should do., and you're not doing them, this much you know.

Maybe you've already noticed you're not doing them several times. You keep telling yourself to do them, and yet they're not getting done. Why?

It's hard to see, and yet once you know it's incredibly obvious: It's because you're doing other things instead.

You can't make the day longer. You're stuck with the same "24 hours per" as the rest of us. If you want to start doing something that you're not doing now, you're going to have to identify things that you're doing now, *and stop doing them.*

You're going to have identify timesinks, and then, at the very least, spend Monday through Friday not doing them. At all.

4chan is a major, major timesink,. If you can not come here, at all, Monday through Friday (which is what I've done) you'll be shocked how much free time you have. When you have things you know you need to do, and you have free time, and you don't allow yourself to do anything but what you need to do, *then* you have a good shot at getting them done.
>>
File: everyday.png (511 KB, 1315x511) Image search: [Google]
everyday.png
511 KB, 1315x511
>>17345095
>>17345076
>>
>>17345121
>No vidya at all Monday through Friday

What a horrid thought. But yeah I see what you mean.

Right now my college program is on summer break, so I don't really have enough to worry about it effecting my education. However lately I've found this desire to make more out of my time. I kinda wish I'd be out spending my summer just living life to its fullest, makig memories, but it's half over and I can't think of anything remotely exciting I've done so far.

Part of the problem comes from the fact I live in a small town with fuck all to do, everything just seems even more boring than what I'm already doing

"Go for a walk? Yeah that's real exciting"
"See if there's any plays happenin? Never really liked theater"

I think I put too many eggs in one basket when it came to developing interests and now that the things that did give me pleasure are starting to lose they're luster I kinda have nothing.

I'm not sure if I'm actually find everything super fucking boring or if I just don't have the motivation to actually put effort into understanding/enjoying them.

I'm just a total mess ain't i
>>
>>17345054
I would perosnally begin by working out, dressing better, making more conncections, more pay, more high end events for bad bitches
>>
>>17345226
>working out
I've gone through periods of working out and made decent progress a few times. Usually something happens that prevents me from doing it for about a week and I just stop after.

Maybe I'll go for a run tomorrow or something. Good idea

>dressing better
I usually wear band shirts and shit desu. It's something that's always made me happy. It makes me look like a fucking loser I know. Maybe it's time to break that cycle

>making more conncections
I deal with some really bad anxiety. It makes it really hard to meet people a lot of the time. I'm gonna start counselling for it when school starts up again because I have access to free counselling services while I'm attending classes. This summer semester is a break for my program so I can't use them until the fall semester starts.

I really wish I could just start them now and get to work on it. Maybe I wouldn't feel like I was wasting my whole summer. I wish I could spend it out meeting people, but whenever I try to approach someone and say hi my mind and body just freeze up.

>more pay
I work at Tim Hortons (big big coffee/fast food chain in Canada if your unaware). It's nice because I can jump between full time and part time whenever I need to and that's something I need right now.

I make enough money that I can do things.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.