[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice on ending relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160619_234957.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_234957.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
Hey adv

I'm in a really shitty spot right now.

I've been with my gf now for 2 years and things have been great. She's someone I could potentially see myself spending the rest of my life with. Only thing is I'm not ready to be in this position in my life right now. I'm still youngish (24) and every now and then I really want out of the relationship and to be single and chasing tail again. But other times I'm perfectly happy in the relationship and have no interest in straying. These feelings bounce back and forth pretty frequently and have been getting worse lately.

When I'm not feeling the relationship, I'm really cold and distant to my gf (turning down sex, etc.) and just a general dick to her. I've noticed it's been getting bad recently so I decided I should end the relationship to not keep hurting her so we can both move on.

Cont'd 1/2
>>
2/2

It just really fucking sucks. We've lived together for close to a year now, we're eachothers best friend, and like I said I could really see this going very long term. But Im just not ready for this just yet. Too many opportunities come up where I regret that I'm not single and I feel like I'm gonna fuck up and act on my urges one of these times.

Anyone have any experience with this or have any input? This is the best and longest relationship I've been in and it kills me to end it but I feel like it's the responsible thing to do.
>>
>>17344769

>Need advice on ending relationship

Tell her exactly what you told us.
Tell her the truth. Thats it.
>>
2/2*** ignore last post

She was devastated by it and really doesn't want it to be over. A big part of me agrees with her and wants to just pretend the conversation didn't happen and go back to how we were. And things would probably be good for a while but I know I'll start feeling trapped again and we'll be right back here again before long.

It just really fucking sucks. We've lived together for close to a year now, we're eachothers best friend, and like I said I could really see this going very long term. But Im just not ready for this just yet. Too many opportunities come up where I regret that I'm not single and I feel like I'm gonna fuck up and act on my urges one of these times.

Anyone have any experience with this or have any input? This is the best and longest relationship I've been in and it kills me to end it but I feel like it's the responsible thing to do.
>>
>>17344784
I tried to break it off clean last night but she wants us to work on it before we end it because she really doesn't want it to be over. It devastates me to see her so upset, I was really hoping she kind of felt the same so it would make things easier but that wasn't the case. This was totally out of the blue for her and now she desperately doesn't want it to end and it's killing me to hurt her this much.
>>
OP again

I feel like just telling her the same thing I posted here and ending it is the only solution. It just fucking sucks. Are all break ups this fucking brutal? I'm the one ending things and I haven't felt this depressed in a very long time
>>
>>17344844
Man shut up and just do it. You want out, then fucking do it. Quit the whining so the gal can find someone who wants to spend his life with her.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.