[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does getting /fit/ actually help with confidence boosting? Keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 270x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 270x457
Does getting /fit/ actually help with confidence boosting? Keep in mind I have shit tier confidence with social anxiety and depression to top it off.
>>
It helped reduce my depression a great amount when I started exercising since January. Lost 30 pounds overall.

It's what you want to make out of it. If you make it a commitment that you define to your terms such as how much you want to exercise, what muscle groups you want to focus on, and of course make sure to have fun with it.

It helps out with your positive body image once you start seeing results. You'll also have more energy to do more things in your daily life overall.
>>
>>17344440
Exercising releases dopamine, which indeed makes you feel good
>>
>>17344523
>>17344530
how do i figure out where to start? /fit/ is just going to roast me
>>
>>17344547
Well if you need weight loss start out with cardio or swimming
If you want to build muscle or strength just look up exercises for certain muscle groups and do those
But remember, muscle mass requires you to eat a lot, that's why it's harder to get that /fit/ look when you're overweight
>>
>>17344440
It definitely does.

If you're overweight, a lot of your anxiety may stem from your poor body image.

That and exercise just makes you feel really good. And it's a fun hobby that can be social if you so choose.
>>
>>17344547
If you can't handle /fit/ then you're fucked. Go over there and read the sticky.

Also, here's your first exercise: deadlift. Learn how to do it right.
>>
>>17344557
Nah, the bantz won't fuck me up but I doubt they'll give me valuable information if I asked. I'm reading the sticky now.
>>
>>17344547

Strength is numero uno.

Find a coach who understands the importance of strength and wants to teach you how to squat ass-to-grass.

If they say this, but then have you doing a million dumbbell exercises with like 10 lbs, then they're a charlatan.

If, when teaching you to squat, they let you do it in cross-trainers or tennis shoes, then they're a charlatan. They should be telling you to get squat shoes, or chucks or standing barefoot on a board or something.

It'll be more than worth every penny. You can teach yourself, but it'll be a million times faster with a competent coach.
>>
>>17344563
You'll get a fair amount of bullshit, but that's just for fun. /fit/ is a wealth of information, as are many boards on this site. Just lurk for a while.
>>
YES.

I lost 2 stone in the summer before the last year of uni and it helped ALOT. I had bad confidence, anxiety and depression and it really gave me a boost.

Its taken over 10 years to put that weight back on and I still have those problems but when you get into the routine (I'm battling to get started again) of dieting and healthier living, you DO eventually get the bug and you really feel the urge to help improve yourself.

I'm not saying it's a cure but it defiantly helps. Good Luck.
>>
>>17344440
Yes.
>>
>>17344440
Nope not really. Because when you Do get fit you will realize that you're gonna have to keep up whatever you was doing to Keep it that way. And if thats just not your thing, what it took to get fit, then you will find it a Burden. And eventually get depressed when you get out of shape because you cant live a lie forever.
>>
>>17344440
Does making the same thread over and over again amke you feel better Brandon?
>>
>>17344701
I've never made this thread before
>>
>>17344790
This exact thread was made yesterday.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.