[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreaming and Reality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: giphy__7_.gif (544 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
giphy__7_.gif
544 KB, 400x600
So I went to bed around 8 pm because I had a long day of work. During that time, I was having a nightmare, I guess. I can't remember what the hell it was about, but I was telling myself to wake up. Mind you, I felt like I was walking around in the dream, but I had full control of it. So a feeling came upon me that I was controlling two versions of myself at the same time. (The one inside the dream who had full control and the one who was dreaming) I then tried to wake up, but as I did this, I felt as if I now had full control over my real self along with the dream me. I tried to sit up, while still in the dream, so I could wake up. As I did this, I felt as if I was pulling myself from my own body. My head began to rattle furiously from side to side, and I began to freak out as it started to cause pain. I eventually woke up from the pulling and found myself back in my room. Is there some sort of explanation of this? Im honestly afraid that something like that will happen again. Sorry if it was too long, but I didn't want to leave out any detail.
>>
Sleep paralysis
>>
Sounds like either a lucid dream or an astral trip. a Sleep paralysis too, like >>17343654 said.

Read about those three and find out which one was
>>
>>17343660

Seems like is called "astral projection"
>>
>>17343654 >>17343660
I guess it could be a lucid dream, but having sleep paralysis mid dream doesn't seem like a thing. At least, I don't think it could.
>>
>>17343708

Actually sleep paralysis can be presented in many ways. Some people report to see shadows or even demons when they can't move, but that's just because they were previously dreaming or having a nightmare related. Something in your brain confuses the dream with the reality at some point that it mixes them.
>>
>>17343724
Huh. That's interesting. Thanks anons.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.