[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to write an argumentative essay for my college English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1382906087250.gif (571 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1382906087250.gif
571 KB, 512x288
I need to write an argumentative essay for my college English class and I am an autist who skipped out on high school and can't write for shit.

What should I make an argument for that would be pretty easy to source both sides of the argument?

I started writing about obesity and realized halfway through that I am not actually making an argument and just rambling through words.
>>
>>17343458
Pick anything with a strong emotional response e.g. abortion. You'll presumably have an opinion on that, and just think devil's advocate and try to come up with arguments your opponents would use.
>>
>>17344562
But is it not necessarily about my opinion? Making an argument for one side and addressing the arguments of the other side using other writings as sources. I can't just write from my own thoughts, can I?
>>
>>17344665
yes you can, who says you can't?
And anyway there's usually two sides to an argument, and you're likely to pick one, so, there, you have the arguments for side A and do what [otheranon] said
>>
>>17344676
I was always told in my 2 English courses in college so far that it is always about research and I can't just use my own knowledge as a source.
>>
>>17343458
Write about the value of disobedience and rebellion against authority. First you need a strong thesis, something like:

Throughout history different social movements have demonstrated the value of disobedience and rebellion against authority in the realm of societal change. While certain social and political leaders utilized vastly different tactics, the outcome of different movements such the black power movement, La Raza, Indian independence, and the civil rights movement have shown that individuals standing against the state can make a significant impact on the world around them.

I'm not a good writer either anon, but any old moron can come up with a half decent thesis statement, once you have that then your essay has a focus. You're rambling because you probably don't have that focus

Do not pick any controversial topics like abortion that could possibly get you on the bad side of your, more than likely, ultra libtard TA.

I'm assuming you're in like freshman English or remedial or something like that. Play up to your audience.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.