[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had no father growing up and a mom who didnt care about me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1445018859165.jpg (11 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1445018859165.jpg
11 KB, 243x207
I had no father growing up and a mom who didnt care about me as long as i wasnt doing drugs. What are things that I should know as a grown man that I missed?
>>
Literally nothing

You just missed out on needless family drama
>>
>>17343217
Emotional stability, self reliance and masculinity.
>>
Watch this and you'll be golden.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2479384/
>>
>>17343217
Basicly same story.
Just don't be a sperg and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17343231
No i did not
>dad always works so never see him after the divorce and can only remember him being a useless dick on the farm
>mom is a gold digger who thinks the man should do everything and refuses to teach me any skill
>brother fucks step sister and shoots dad later
>sisters run off with blacks and end up dead in some small town 300 miles away
Ive literally spent my time hiding in my room playing vidya and failing at social situations. Im 21 and have no idea how anyone doesn't punch women when they speak.
>>17343236
Sounds right, how do I acquire these things?
>>17343245
Tell me what a sperg is so i can avoid being one or learn to stop being one
>>
>>17343257
By being emotionally stable, self reliant and masculine.

Or watch Clint Eastwood movies, like Grand Torino.
>>
>>17343272
How do i know what emotionally stable is? Do you have an example? What is self reliant? What is masculine?
>>
let the hate flow through you, don't make empty threats, finish what you start (unless the cost starts to exceed the benefit), learn basic automechanics, so starting strength for at least 6 months
>>
>>17343274
Emotionally stable is being under copious amounts of stress and still be able to thing in terms of the long run.

Self reliance is self reliance, being able to depend on yourself to do things. Learning not to procrastinate, make deadlines and push yourself to be more.

Masculine is a stoic, stubborn, tenacious, aggressive and being able not to stress things.
It can be summed up by just not giving a shit.
>>
>>17343285
I can't do starting strength I tore out my shoulder and both knees during football. I tried to power through it and ended up tearing some muscles and leaving me 60k in debt for surgeries with a job that only makes 30-40k a year.
>>17343287
How do I be aggressive without beating someones skull in? I never could understand how you are supposed to be aggressive but not violent
>>
>>17343217
Same here OP, except I had my dad die at a young age.

Here's the things I've discovered most guys know because their dad taught them:

> Basic car maintenance ( changing tires/oil/brakes/lightbulbs ) and troubleshooting

> Basic power tool usage ( circular saws, chainsaws, power drills, etc) and home repairs

> Sports trivia like team rosters, dates of major sport events, and how to talk about sports

Those are all pretty universal even across different ethnicities and demographics. Depending on the specific type of dad they have though, they'll also know other stuff like:
> Specific sport skills ( anything from football to fishing )
> Culinary skills ( Usually BBQ or grilling )
> Dress skills ( How to trim hair/tie a tie/polish a shoe )
> Trade skills ( anything from computer repair to welding )
>>
>>17343307
God damn it sports are so fucking boring when you aren't playing them this is going suck so much shit. Thank you for the advice anon I feel like i have a base on what to look into now
>>
>>17343319
Yeah dude, that is the most difficult one for me too. I've had so many dudes try to talk about like football or something and I usually have to say "oh sorry bro I'm more of a basketball/baseball/soccer guy".

It's backfired though, and I end up looking really retarded when they know about that other sport too and catch my lie. There's no escaping it though.
>>
>>17343333
Guess ill start drinking to make it interesting
>>
>>17343298
Aggressive probably isnt the right word. Assertive is the right one.
>>
>>17343360
Got any examples on Assertiveness? I'm not being a dick but saying things like be confident or be good at your job are not enough when it comes to teaching someone. You need to explain shit not do this small talk bull
>>
>>17343217

You need to leave the house to learn anything. Do a course in electrical engineering or something like that. Interact with people and learn their social ques. I personally hate small talk and social convention, but I've learned to tolerate it so as to advance my life. You need to do the same.
>>
>>17343341
>>17343333
The best way to do this isnt to give a shit about the sport, that's way to much. Pick one football team (your home team) and learn as much as you can about the current team, and some general history. That's all you need for casual conversation.

"Do you think ____ will be good this year?"

"I dunno how many interceptions did ____ throw? Pathetic."

"Yeah I like the Cherry Hills Buttfuckers, go James McQuaterback, but I haven't really been paying attention outside of them."

Its pretty easy to read a single news article about one team Monday morning, as opposed to learning about the entire sport.
>>
>>17343376
>Assertive
Having or showing a confident and forceful personality. Not letting things go easily.
>>
>>17343393
You have never been assertive have you?
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-10+at+11.49.49).png (12 KB, 655x258) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-10+at+11.49.49).png
12 KB, 655x258
>>17343407
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.