[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Originally from /r9k/ but I've noticed that the "I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: banana.png (211 KB, 1397x345) Image search: [Google]
banana.png
211 KB, 1397x345
Originally from /r9k/ but I've noticed that the "I'm a sad virgin and I can't talk to girls" crowd tends to be frequent both these boards (been one myself so I should know). Just thought you guys might wanna read this.
>>
File: 1461895691483.jpg (8 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1461895691483.jpg
8 KB, 245x200
>>17342790
This just reminded me I need to buy bananas for my breakfast shake.
>>
The 2nd part is the most important one.
Cheers to op for sharing
>>
>>17342790
I don't really disagree with the idea. It's unfortunate though that if you know yourself and your worth, people give you shit for being arrogant or whatever.
>>
>>17342836
Yeah, I don't really know why but humans are really fucking good at holding each other back and preventing personal progress and success, whether it's strangers, acquaintances, close friends or relatives, they'll all more or less and more or less intentionally hold you back. Confidence and self-worth can be expressed in different ways though, you don't have to be arrogant. The 5-6 months before I lost my virginity (at age 20), a lot of the people I regularly partied with, many of which were close friends of mine, mentioned how I was obnoxious and arrogant socially and borderline rapey when flirting with girls. It got me laid though, and even with that criticism, I'm pretty sure I was I became a better, more pleasant and fun person with that change of attitude. Now, at age 24, I've had sex with four girls in total, some of them several months long fwb relationships, some just flings. Last time I got laid was in March and I've decided that it's time to take my own advice and start growing some bananas. I have a witty sense of humor and an intellect that the girls I actually get to know intimately love, but I'm nowhere near sexy physically. So I'm planning to spend the next year or so not caring about getting my dick wet and focusing on making myself look more like a greek statue and less like a volleyball instead.
>>
>>17342790
>Just be more attractive and socially competent it's THAT simple!

What a useless load of banana diarrhea
>>
>>17342892
These ""motivational"" posts are always completely retarded and useless. Most losers know exactly why they're losers, but they lack the ability to change their circumstances.

"Just be better than yourself" is the most worthless pieces of advice conceivable. As if it's some great epiphany that a person not having success in life is not good enough to do the things they want. As if changing yourself completely is easy to do. As if abandoning what your perceive as your self in pursuit of companionship is a decision you even want to make.
>>
>>17342892
>>17342923
It's not simple. People find change in general very difficult and many at least r9k tier guys would need to really do an 180 on not some but most aspects of their life. But those are also the guys who often look back on their high school days and feel like it wasn't *that* impossible back then, they could've tried harder to make friends or connect with girls. It's only going to become more difficult in life. If you are in a college setting, then you are in social heaven compared to working a regular job. There's parties, lots of young people who are relatively open minded about what they are looking for in others, you are forced to spend time together in class etc. If it's too hard for you then what do you really expect from the rest of your life?

Besides, it's not just about women. The qualities that make you a more desirable partner also make you more interesting as a potential friend or employee.
>>
>>17342923
>>17342892
It isn't easy, as a matter of fact it's hard as fuck. Losers don't lack the ability to become less loser-like though, they lack the motivation. Motivation is a shitty, fickle thing to rely on, it comes and goes, and the tiniest negative factor can kill it for days, weeks or even months. There is a way to do things without being motivated though, make it a habit. I swim every morning because I want to stop being fat. I don't enjoy the feeling of physical exhaustion, I'm used to spending entire weeks in front of my computer without leaving the house for fuck's sake. I wake up, eat, head to the swimming pool, come home, shower. That's the first two hours of my day, and I spend it thinking about random shit, not about what I am doing or why I am doing it.
>>
>>17343062
>they lack the motivation

If you don't have a set of dependable friends or just someone that has back your back, you just struggle generally in life.
>>
>>17342923
>they lack the ability to change their circumstances
Clearly, you should apply for permanent disability. You might physically and mentally seem like a perfectly normal person, but you have a very serious case of Bitchbaby Syndrome that FOR SOME UNEXPLAINABLE REASON has decided to manifest itself in 1% of the population after so many successful generations with your genetics. What a terrible curse you've been dealt.

Bitch.
>>
>>17342923
>Most losers know exactly why they're losers, but they lack the ability to change their circumstances.
They tell themselves they lack the ability to change their circumstances. Some of them even believe it.

Usually, however, it isn't true. The process is not easy or quick, and it can mean letting go of some long-held beliefs and attitudes: all in all, an extremely unpleasant process, which is why they don't want to do it. But that's what's really holding them back: unwillingness to take some temporary pain for a permanent way out.

>"Just be better than yourself" is the most worthless pieces of advice conceivable.
This is true, but the reason isn't that it's impossible: for almost everyone in the /r9k/ crowd, it is possible. What makes it worthless is that it doesn't tell you to do anything: it states an end goal, but no processes or even first steps. In other words, it tells the /r9k/ers nothing that they don't already know. That isnwhat makes it useless.

>As if it's some great epiphany that a person not having success in life is not good enough to do the things they want.
That's not the epiphany that needs to happen either (in part because it's not an epiphany at all). The epiphany is that you got yourself into this, and you can get yourself out.

>As if changing yourself completely is easy to do. As if abandoning what your perceive as your self in pursuit of companionship is a decision you even want to make.
Of course it's hard. Of course it's unpleasant. I understand this as only someone who has been through it can. But nothing else works, and nothing else can.

Understanding that last sentence, however, is the first step. The rest of the steps can vary to some degree from person to person. But the first step is always the same.
>>
>>17343403

It's never anything practical is it?

Forget about the "no gf" side, many of these anons lack in most other areas of life.
>>
>>17342790
>"I KNOW you want it, you little slut! "

Nah. Foul mouthed salesmen don't get shit from me no matter how good the product, just isn't worth it.
>>
>>17343429
>It's never anything practical is it?
It is practical. I've been there. I got out. It is not a quick or pleasant process, true, but I'm not sure this makes it impractical. It is not as though you don't have time, and it isn't.as though you aren't already hurting.

>Forget about the "no gf" side, many of these anons lack in most other areas of life.
This is also true, but these are often not separate problems. Solve one, and you usually solve the other.
>>
That op is a retarded middle school faggot interested in sales. The whole blog could've been summarized in a sentence. "If you wouldn't buy you, who would?"
>>
>>17342790

Good advice, but it's telling how western society endlessly focuses on "gender equality" yet men are still expected to fulfill our gender roles and do all the hard stuff, while women just sit around and complain about the slightest inconvenience.

"Gender equality" is a myth, and western women are the most spoiled, privileged class of humans to ever exist on the planet in human history.
>>
>>17343494
>It is not as though you don't have time

At 25+, you're supposed to have your bearings straight at the bare minimum. Be on the track towards something.
>>
>>17344363
But right now I'm in a dead end job, with a 17k student loan, no (real) friends, still living with my parents and living in an area filled with hipsters/yuppies/students and chavs, so I'm walking down the street feeling inferior or fear that I'm going to be jacked.

Fucking media doesn't help either since everybody seems to be having the time of their lives with shit like "rich kids of instagram".
>>
Doing just that m8, man it's difficult, tons of things since I was little, years by many fixed, still some left, speech impediment next up on my list, fuck you parents you did not give me shit I made it all myself
>>
File: 1365696723377.png (56 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1365696723377.png
56 KB, 175x175
Why bother bettering yourself, when once you get fed up with this life, you can go out with a bang, and destroy the happiness of other peoples and make them feel the pain you have endured your whole life?

Kill them Johnny.
Kill them all.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.