[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a videogame "addiction", i spend all of my free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1465540652712.jpg (40 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1465540652712.jpg
40 KB, 531x683
I have a videogame "addiction", i spend all of my free time playing instead of doing things that benefit me.

I have no moderation and right after i finish playing an instant feeling of regret comes and makes me feel like shit.

Will selling the console solve my problems or only pass it to another thing?
>>
Similiar Situation here. Didnt play anything for almost 3 weeks now and i actually don't have any desire anymore.
I cut off everything that could enable me to game, only to find out, it was not much of an addiction to me(been gaming from 6-24, 3 weeks abstinence is huge for me lol).
Gaming was rather a way for me to 'Deal' with my problems. I ran away, gamed my issues away.

Tl;dr are you addicted or are you trying to forget underlying issues?
>>
>>17342455
Forgot to mention:

Actively participating in a self-help group helped me a lot getting off of video games. Like AA for gamers.
If you have such groups in your area, i really, REALLY recommend you visiting one. The people are in the same boat as you and mostly very friendly
>>
Are video games causing you to neglect other things? Or would you not do those things regardless of video games?

I play video games every day and have my entire life. What I don't do, is blow off school work or time with friends to play games. This is what separates an addiction from a passion.
>>
>>17342392
1. Step away from the computer.
2. Turn it off.
3. Go outside.
4. Discover the real world.
>>
Don't be dumb, Anon. If it isn't impeding your work/social life then chances are you're fine. You play videogames for the majority of your free time because it is your hobby, and there's no reason to be ashamed of it.

If you want to do something productive with your life and beak your habit, then you need to know what exactly you want to do. If you wanna get fit, do something small that is fitness related every day. Seriously, the hard part is starting and building a routine. Maintaining it isn't much easier, but it's very doable.

Alternatively, you can always pick up a new hobby. Is there anything you like doing aside from vidya?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.