[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have depression and anxiety, I recently found out. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Albert-Camus.jpg (28 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus.jpg
28 KB, 600x400
I have depression and anxiety, I recently found out. It's also been a month since my gf broke up with me. Since then, it's been all downhill, one excruciating night after the other. I've also talked to a few other girls, and I have options as a single man. I'm also going off to college in a month.

I have a few choices:

1. Attempt to rekindle the relationship with my ex, either for some fun this summer or to go long distance
2. Attempt things with other girls
3. Just stay single

Either way I'm going to try my hardest to just regain my confidence after a really bad break up and the recent diagnosis of anxiety and depression. It's been a rough few weeks, friends.

This is such an extremely complicated matter that I don't really know if anyone on here would want to systematically analyze my current situation and help figure out the best option. Unless the best option is very simple.

So, if you want to give advice on what option I should attempt as an end goal, there are details on a few subjects I can give upon request:

A) The status of me and my ex
B) The status of me and other various girls
C) My current mental and emotional state, how I've been these past few weeks, what depression/anxiety feels like
D) The steps I'm taking to become better/self confident
E) My opinions on college

I appreciate the help, if any!
>>
Focus on college.
>>
File: 1467610586767.jpg (37 KB, 670x496) Image search: [Google]
1467610586767.jpg
37 KB, 670x496
>>17342363
Stay single for a while.
Get over your ex gf.
Focus on college like this anon suggested >>17342797
Get fit if you aren't, use your college gym facilities and work out, lift, etc. It will help you build confidence, strength of mind and body and will relieve your stress.
Also this is the most important thing, try eating healthy and get plenty of rest.
Drink plenty of water or sports drinks if you sweat a lot.

Hang in there Op
>>
You dont need a gf to be happy. I agree with focusing on college
>>
>>17342797
>>17342806
>>17343450
OP

I guess the difficult thing is that depression makes it very difficult to focus on my future. There are times when I just feel excruciatingly painful, just because I feel like I lack social validation.

Consciously, I know it's wrong to need other people for ones internal happiness, and I know I need to look forward to college. But the dread that pops up once or twice a day can convince me otherwise temporarily. Depression seems to have more control on my emotions than myself, I was thinking of telling my therapist I'd be willing to try antidepressants.

But your advice is the clear and sound option, I'd agree.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.