[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr how to turn down a job offer when they've agreed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mvvvd4RJRs1qm3zbto1_1280.jpg (488 KB, 800x1058) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvvvd4RJRs1qm3zbto1_1280.jpg
488 KB, 800x1058
tl;dr how to turn down a job offer when they've agreed to everything I asked for

OK /adv/ so I'm not unhappy at my job really but I'm not happy at it either, and there is no chance for any advancement or whatever there so I keep my eyes open for other opportunities. I saw one on craigslist and got an interview. It's not the best job ever but maybe a little more in line with what I want. They offered me a certain amount that is like 3/4 what I make now, and I said oh I can't do it for that, sorry. So they came back, to my surprise, and said they'd pay very slightly more than I make now. They also agreed to the hours I requested. So far so good, right?

BUT I mentioned it to a friend and she told me that she had worked there, and it was a nightmare, high stress, super unprofessional, and she quit because they stopped paying her during a slow period while still expecting her to work. I believe her, and I felt a couple of subtle bad vibes in that direction when I went in for the interview. I've been in that kind of job situation before and it was awful. I don't want to take this job, it's just not worth it.

So what do I say? How do I turn it down without burning bridges, because who knows what may happen in the future? Give me your /adv/

pic unrelated
>>
>>17342320
>due to personal reasons that suddenly came up I won't be able to work for your company

You don't have to excuse yourself anon
>>
>>17342337

That's pretty much a lie, though, you think that's a good idea?
>>
bump for more /adv/
>>
>>17342358
How is that a lie?
Goddamn are you that much of a pussy?
>>
>>17342337
>get new information
>changes your opinion

That seems personal to me. Just back out respectfully - they didn't pay you a cent, you didn't sign a contract, there is no obligation here.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.