[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have been single almost a year now. Also no sex. I, somehow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: catttt.jpg (4 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
catttt.jpg
4 KB, 252x200
i have been single almost a year now. Also no sex. I, somehow, feel like a loser because of this..well...am i a loser?

Is this a long time being alone?

I have been in relationships pretty much 13 years straight. 1st relationship was 11years and then after came the 2nd of 2 years. Now, being alone, i havent had any interest being in contact with any girl in what evert the way. My ex is already fucking around like crazy, im not judging and i try not to be butthurt, but i guess i am because i perpetually keep asking myself am i loser being alone.

Are /adv/ singles for a long time?
>>
>>17342286
Youre only a loser if you keep acting like a shitdick just because youre single. Being in relationships isnt the most important thing.
Just go get some cake and eat it and then think about how cool it was that you didnt have to share.
>>
I have been single with no sex for over a year.

Few days ago a cute 20 yo girl liked me on okc, things going well. It's funny how you instantly feel better about yourself after just a few dates and a bj.

Put yourself out there. Tindr/okc/whatev, it'll turn in your favor eventually.
>>
I have been single for over 10 years for alot of issues I'm dealing with. Focus on yourself that's one person you have to spend the rest of your life with.
>>
I've been alone for 22 years, ie, the entirety of my life.

Anyway. If you're a loser or not is relative. Relative to your social environment, your own sense of value, desires, whatever. Think about if you should feel like a loser, only you can figure it out. My answer is a fairly blunt "no", because I recognize there's a much bigger picture. But you're not me, so your experience of your context won't be mine and you can only inform your ideas by hearing what I have to say.

Blah blah, etc.
>>
>>17342302
yeah, well just a few days a go, some girls from the school were flirting to me like crazy. I felt suddenly so much better and started to think maybe im not so ugly afterall.

The thing is, which is sad, i have become fat. For me, its obvious that i have no changes in the single market. There has been severe depression lately and excessive drinking so i am falling. But i am slowly getting rid of that and searching ways to get myself up again.

Lately, i realized that i have potential. I am actually a charismatic guy, humorous, nothing wrong with my facial structure etc. I just need to lose weight, regain confidence and i would be just awesome. But i need to fucking get up somehow.
>>
>>17342286
Holy shit anon I dream of your situation.

I've been in a relationship on and off (average length 1.5 years) for the past 9 years. I wasted my college years dating someone, and I am still so bitter about it three years after graduating. To this day, I still have issues setting boundaries and taking time for myself. I called my last, and longest (three years), relationship off this march and I was doing so goddamn well until I met someone else and our "casual sex" turned into an undefined romantic relationship that I never asked for that I'm now doing my damnedest to nip in the bud as soon as possible. I estimate that a year and a half of being single is what I need to mature and feel comfortable being my own person, and I'm struggling to get that because I can't say no to people who want me to be theirs.

It's so stressful to be wanted and needed by someone. It's like having a kid or a dog or something. Being alone by your own choosing is one of the most satisfying and free feelings in the world. You've had a good streak of independence after being with someone for so long, and I have to commend you for it. I hope you will take my experience as an endorsement from the other side of the coin, and realize that the fear of being alone is the lowest, basest version of human relationships. There is so much better out there for you, at least one person who is right for you (if not more), and you shouldn't be settling for anything else just because other people are making you feel that it's weird to be alone. Stop thinking about your ex. Unfollow her on facebook (or whatever). Live your own life at your own pace. The true losers are the ones who do otherwise.
>>
>>17342364
Yeah, maybe it is so that i fucking need to be alone in order to be in a relationship because i need to know myself better. Last time i was with myself was when i was 15. Now im 30. I hear sometimes that one needs to find himself, while being single and you imply this as well. Sorry for being such an assburger, but what does this mean? See how lost i am, i dont even know what it means to develop yourself.

It has been weird to sleep alone in this bed. At first it felt frightening, but now im accustomed. I feel like i have grown up stronger emotionally, because im not dumping my fears to a GF but dealing them with myself. Perhaps things like that are "getting know myself better" ?
>>
>>17342389
>Last time i was with myself was when i was 15
Damn man.

> feel like i have grown up stronger emotionally, >because im not dumping my fears to a GF but >dealing them with myself. Perhaps things like that >are "getting know myself better" ?

I think you're right. You've got a lot of ground to cover, a lot of the adult you've become to discover. Scary shit to do all at once, but utterly necessary. In the end, you will be spending the most time with yourself, so you'd better iron out that relationship.
>>
>>17342507
yeah...fuck.

I begin doing sports and watching my eating. inb4 /fit/.
>>
>>17342299
This Op, get productive and create something or better yourself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.