[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/. I'm feeling kinda bummed and I'd like some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: sad frog.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
Hey, /adv/. I'm feeling kinda bummed and I'd like some insight.

I've been invited to my friend's wedding. I'm gay and even though she's very religious, she treats me very kindly and said on many ocasions that she liked my girlfriend.

I received one invitation, and casually asked our mutual friends if she didn't want me to bring my girlfriend. They all said she was managing space and couldn't invite everyone. I shrugged.

So I got there and everyone was with their respective boyfriend/girlfriend. Except for two: me and this other gay friend of ours.
I was really sad and felt bad the entire wedding. If I knew she felt this way about my relationship I wouldn't have spent money with all dressing up crap to attend the wedding.

I know it's Her wedding and she has the right not to want... gay couples in her wedding. Like we would embarass her or anything.
Am I wrong to feel that way? What would you do in my place?
>>
It's a religious wedding. What else did you expect?
>>
It's normal feeling like that. But don't let it get to you, everyone lives their life the way they want, and such a thing doesn't change yours. You made her a favor by going over there and it's done, there's no use worrying over it
>>
I have no advice but would you have felt better if your friend would have invited your girlfriend as well, but asked you not to show affection?

It's very possible that her family was paying for the wedding. And them being religious didn't want gay people at their daughter's wedding.
>>
Wow. Why would she be your friend if she is embarassed about your sexual orientation.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.