[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend has a long term girlfriend of about 3 years now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Gspjqn6.jpg (240 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Gspjqn6.jpg
240 KB, 600x600
My best friend has a long term girlfriend of about 3 years now, they've moved in together and have plans for the future, pretty well settled in. He's recently confessed to liking me but I don't know how I feel about him. He's made it clear he doesn't intend to act upon his feelings and that he wants nothing more than to stay with his girlfriend. Is there anything I can do? Things have gotten a bit awkward between us, he's more distant than usual and I miss him.
>>
What do you want to do? You should do that.
>>
>>17342204
I assume he's gotten more distant because he wants to work on strengthening his ties to his girlfriend and weaken his attraction to you.

What you can do is give him that time and space, and try to be understanding about it. Maybe he'll get over it and be able to see you as just a friend, maybe he won't. Nothing you can do about it.

If you want a romantic relationship and you aren't in one, look for it elsewhere. You may find that if you are "taken", he'll have an easier time not thinking of you in a romantic way and it will make having a platonic friendship easier.
>>
>>17342204
H O M E W R E C K E R
>>
You should date him in secret
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.