[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 263x191
I don't know if I should break up with my boyfriend. He's done nothing wrong and we both love each other, God, I love him so much, and it scares me, but I think that it's what's best for both of us. We're in a situation in which no one, our friends, our family, no one, would accept us together, so no one knows, and it's because of me. I don't want to hold him back from anything or make him hide himself because of me.i know it will hurt both of us, but I think it may end better in the long run, and I don't want him to lose people because of me. Does anyone have any relationship advice, I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17341946

Can you give us a little more context? Unless you're a Jew, he's a Nazi and this is 1940s Germany, I don't see any circumstance in which you two should feel the need to hide this. If you break up, you're both going to be absolutely miserable. If he's hiding this from controlling parents, or something along those lines, then he clearly loves you more than you seem to realize. Don't hurt him by playing the martyr.
>>
>>17341946
Talk to HIM about it and not some shitbags on the internet who're just gonna tell you to dump him for a carpenter.
>>
>>17341959
He is a lot older than me, almost 10 years. We work really well together, but my parent won't approve, our friends will find it weird. I know this doesn't sound like such a big problem, but even though I'm an adult, I'm the youngest out of 6, in the baby of the family. He is friends with my mothers best friend, and I know it will ruin his relationship with them, and they're the closest thing he's had to a family ever. I don't want him to ruin his relationship with them because of me.
>>
>>17341976
I did, and he said that he didn't care if it ruined relationships for him, but I know that he will regret losing the people who have been like a family to him
>>
>>17341979
>He is a lot older than me, almost 10 years.
That's actually not that big of a deal, and I'm in a similar situation. There's 7-8 years of difference between us and my mother is like his own. If they like him, and they're like family, they will probably be more likely to approve (as opposed to some stranger). Have you ever casually brought up relationships to your mother and what she thinks of certain people?

>I don't want him to ruin his relationship with them because of me.
That is NOT your decision to make.
>>
i'm pretty sure breaking up would do more harm than good for both sides.

Yes, it's complicated. But eventually they'll accept.
>>
>>17341979
Don't break up over that shit. Fuck whoever doesn't support you.
>>17341981
He's not lying. He really thinks you're worth it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.