[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23 >need to make money >been unemployed for almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 8mI8Zue.jpg (147 KB, 1200x993) Image search: [Google]
8mI8Zue.jpg
147 KB, 1200x993
>23
>need to make money
>been unemployed for almost a year
>have had 6 different jobs in the past few years, keep quitting them cuz fuck it i guess
>live with mom and gf
>we're trying to move out and get our own place
>stuck between trying to find a job and figuring out some other way to make money because clearly I despise working for other people
>resume would obviously look like shit cuz of gaps and I won't have any references since I no called no showed my last two jobs
>also an arrest for disorderly conduct but charges were dropped (will tell story if anyone wants it) would show up on background check
>have 50,000 in leftover savings from inheritance that's in mutual funds
>thought about trying lending club and investing after a friend introduced me to it
>not sure if that's a good idea or not
>need help/ideas to get me out of this situation
>>
bad idea. stop being a degenerate fuck and work for our money like everyone else.
>>
stop being a fuckup and go to work like everyone else
>>
>>17341672
well that's part of the problem, it's hard to get a job because of the things I mentioned. I don't mind work, I just would prefer to work for myself or at least a job thats not burger-flipping or retail
>>
>>17341683
then start your own business or just fucking deal with it

if you don't want to be a burger flipper or retail have you ever thought about being a security guard? I used to do that when I was younger, got a guard license then applied at a few security agencies (securitas and US security) and had a job within the week. It depends on where you get assigned but if you work nights you'll usually just be by yourself and can read or browse 4chan on your phone.
>>
bump, any other input would be appreciated
>>
>>17341699
join the military
>>
>>17341702
honestly would rather go to jail
>>
Become a carpenter.
>>
>>17341748
I actually really want to get into a trade or some kind of blu-collar work but wouldn't know the best route to take to get a job like that. I mean how would i get an apprenticeship? Is school necessary for something like that?
>>
I will give you some basic advice:
- do NOT take the 50k out of the mutual funds. You will want that for retirement and having that amount in there already puts it to work for you

- Do NOT try investing to make money with that 50k. I would say try it when you have paid off any debt, and have an emergency fund that can sustain you for 3-6 months.

- I would suggest trying to get into something that could become a career. Maybe working with tree trimming which can be a good business, or learn to do plumbing or get HVAC certified. Blue collar work pays well, don't stick with the shitty jobs, break out of that. Maybe make it a goal to start a business.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.