[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ IRC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 0FnuQL3.png (11 KB, 321x339) Image search: [Google]
0FnuQL3.png
11 KB, 321x339
Anyone got a link to the /adv/ self-improvement IRC?
>>
Talking about the one that was in the NEET/Shut-in threads? That shit sucked.
>>
>>17341503
Yeah that's the one. Since getting a job and sorting out some of my issues I've wanted to report back and let them know it can be done.

I'd really appreciate you looking through your IRC client history to see if you can find the name of the channel. Hell, as thanks I'll take fifteen minutes out of my Sunday to give you a piece of advice on any area of life that you care you ask me about.
>>
What percentage of the userbase is r9k, and what percentage is tumblr? Is it like 40/60 like on the board?
>>
>>17341535
>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

Found them using some random 4chan archive.

What do you mean "you made it"? I mean, I got a dead end job but I'm very, very far from making it.
>>
>>17341557
Thanks!

I didn't say I've "made it" and I don't believe that I have, though I have gone from being unhealthy as hell and taking meth all day every day on top of being NEET to having a job with good career prospects and generally having a healthier approach towards life.

I'm not one to give nonspecific life advice so just shoot me some questions and I'll do my best to answer them
>>
>>17341571
Do you have friends/how do you make friends?

Like I'm this close to just quitting my wageslave that pays pennies, but it's literally the last place I have to talk to actual human beings. I'm not close with anyone but it's something to be able to talk to someone. I've taken a week's break and bar my parents I've literally not talked to anyone for the entire duration.
>>
>>17341616
Friends are just people you share a mutual affection with. Figure out what you can change to make yourself enjoyable to be around and you'll make friends everywhere you go.

I find all that NEET time can help with making friends: you've probably been exposed to a lot of interesting ideas on the internet and novelty is something that people seek so if you're able to show them a new way of looking at something they'll appreciate it and want to do things with you in future.

However, normies are very easily offended/upset/disgusted and obviously if you make a conversational partner feel those emotions they won't want to spend time with you. Never go full-retard by telling the truth to a normie.
>>
>>17341557
what's the name of that archive? just for reference really.
>>
>>17341646
Probably should have asked where to find them. It seems like people my age, 26, have settled into their social circles. I'd ideally like to meet other geeks but even the few I meet have formed their social circles.
>>
>>17341717
4plebs, I think.
>>
Are there any comprehensive and we'll written or recorded ressources for helping one break out of NEET status? A step-by-step type explanation would be pretty good.
>>
>>17341805
There's no one stop shop for getting out of NEET life. Some people have mental disorders, some have past traumas, some live in the middle of nowhere with no work. It's different for everyone.
>>
It takes intelligence and common sense (which you probably have), plus resilience and motivation (which you probably lack).

You don't need to be told how to become the person you want to be. You just need to do it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.