[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if you're cut out to be a trucker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How do you know if you're cut out to be a trucker?
>>
- overweight
- wears shirt with cut off sleeves
- likes PBR or equally shitty beer
- likes sitting for long periods of times
- thinks it's ok to sleep with first cousin
- criminal record
>>
Well there are different kinds of truckers. If were talking long haul cross country stuff then you have to be okay with being alone for long stretches of time, have to have good focus/ be able to stay awake with not a ton of stimulation; it's also good if you don't have a wife/kids since you're away a lot. There are also truckers who don''t do long haul type stuff who can have families and put up roots.

I'd say in general you need to be confident in your ability to focus, pay attention, be alert because it's a dangerous machine.
>>
-likes trucks
>>
>>17341216
>stereotypical trucker

Pretty close though. I see/deal with quite a few at my work and this probably is most of the long haul guys. See a lot of foreign guys too.

When I first started working a few years ago I was surprised to see a lot of truckers wore basketball shorts and flip flops an shit. I guess you gotta be comfy.
>>
You like showing up hours before your appointment time then complaining about how long you've been waiting for your trailer.
>>
is just being a fat neckbeard enough?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.