[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop giving a fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: G2XaBR4.gif (804 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
G2XaBR4.gif
804 KB, 500x715
How do you stop giving a fuck?
>>
Stop trying.
>>
You just stop.
>>
>>17340942
By not giving a fuck.
>>
It's a growth process, it'll start to happen when you look back on stuff that made you miserable when you were younger and see without clouded judgment that it was not worth nearly the amount of time and energy you invested in it.

Also, in terms of dumb stuff like people not liking you or laughing at you, for me it has been a gradual realization that if you are a polite and decent person, it doesn't say that much about you if someone decides to be a douche. If someone wants to point and laugh because they think I'm uncool, does that say more about my character or theirs?

This is assuming that you mean how to learn shrugging things off and not let it get to you. If you mean generally not giving a fuck in life, I don't know and don't want to know either.
>>
How To Win At Life:

Step 1. Let people do what they need to do to make them happy, mind your own business and do what makes you happy.

The End
>>
>>17341086
This, with extra emphasis that it's a process. No one just wakes up one morning and decides to stop giving fucks and actually stops giving fucks.

Eventually, some day, you'll realize that a lot of things you cared about so much years ago don't really mean anything in the present.

For me, to put it analogy with your picture, the key was realizing that everyone is crazy and everyone is weird behind the scenes, when they're alone. Pretty much anyone who isn't a psychopath is concerned with what people think about them, because it's important to know how people feel about you. But so long as you can live in such a way where you know you're causing the least amount of harm possible, you don't have a reason to worry if someone happens to not like you.
>>
>>17341086
>>17341311
These are good.

You need to practice, at all times, putting things in a perspective that trivializes what you care about. When you've done this for years and years you instill the process as reactionary, and effort required to not care so much becomes minimal. Just don't become one those retarded nihilists that thinks because everything can be trivialized that there's no value to morality. Treating other people with respect IS the best way to live a peaceful life. Your preferences may be the only thing guiding you, but there are universal preferences that align with western moral values.
>>
walk around naked and stare off into space, when anyone talks to you mumble or speak unrecognizable grunts, realize the repetitive nature of existence and position yourself into a position without expending any energy and wither away and die from starvation, remember pain means nothing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.