[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JOBS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1464437269165.jpg (20 KB, 480x455) Image search: [Google]
1464437269165.jpg
20 KB, 480x455
My life long dream is to work part time and live comfortably in a small house. Somewhere people wont bother me and that has cheep living. I make about $12.50 an hour. This is nowhere a good amount of money to live in my area without struggling like a cuck my whole life. My idea of being rich is having plenty of time on my hands to do what I want while living within my means. Now I don't mind working a lot at one time but the constant drive back and forth to work like a wage slave is terrible. I'd love to have a job that either has 10-12 hour days and a short work week and or work 2nd and 3rd shift to cut the traffic out of my life. If anyone can give suggestions it would be very helpful because i'm about to become homeless if I cant figure out what I can do with my life.

Any other general job and living related questions are welcome.

picture not quite related
>>
>>17340651
What about a job on an oil rig? Don't know how it works in the US, but certainly the blokes on the north sea platforms work 14 days in a row then go back to shore and have 14 days off, and they make tidy money too.
>>
>>17340672
its a possibility but I'd rather not spend my life living out at sea going back and forth from the oil rig. It would also mean living somewhere near the shore and with people everywhere. I would like to do IT work like being a data center technician as I have common sense with computers and have worked with linux and done some electrical wiring in my day. but I dont know how to get into it.
>>
>Decide that you don't know how to get started
>Continue working in the service industry for the next 20 years
>Decide that you're now too old to chase your dreams
>Drink yourself to death

Or you can, you know, go out there and start applying to jobs.
>>
My dream was to make $50k so I could support myself and not be a burden on my family. I swore to god that's all I wanted, so I could just exist and play video games til I die. Then I achieved that goal, much quicker than I expected. Then I achieved higher goals. You'll attain whatever you want as long as you put in the work. But if you aim low you will land low. That said, I will not tell you how I did it because I don't need anymore competition in the industry.
>>
>>17340774
At least tell me if it required college or not. Deciding to spend 4 years and a lot of money to learn something or do it all through my own time and effort is one side of how to proceed with my goals.
>>
>>17340792
Yes I got a degree but I'm not sure if it was necessary. I work with people who make more than me because they learned on their own and got job experience. Personally I don't regret it because I learned a lot of relevant information that even my managers don't know, and it helped me get a job in the field. College isn't for everyone though. Most people I met in school dropped out or got a worthless degree.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.