[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop worrying over things I say in a conversation? When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nvuchyIIeg1tjmd9fo1_500.png (101 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvuchyIIeg1tjmd9fo1_500.png
101 KB, 500x439
How do I stop worrying over things I say in a conversation? When I was younger I said a lot of things without thinking which came back to bite me in the ass hard. Since then I've become very doubtful of myself and always overthink conversations?

For example two days ago I was talking to my boss who I am on extremely friendly terms with and we're both quite open and relatively informal. Despite reassurances in a previous conversations and after I even said what I said (I don't expect the company to keep me on after 6 months), I am now paranoid over if that may have shot me in the foot, despite all evidence, even from my boss herself, said she would love to and fight to keep me in the company if my performance continues as is.
>>
Anyone?
>>
Personally I get high at the end of the day and think about things I've said to people throughout the day and what I may regret or should have worded differently. Then the next day I do the same and see if I improved over the day before. Unless I said something really shitty I don't spend more than half an hour doing this. Confine this observation to a period in your evening. There's no point thinking about it all day.
>>
>>17340714
Thanks for the advice anon. Don't do drugs myself but I'll try to rationalize thinking about it less. Its just something which has been with me for many years and I get really anxious about perhaps damaging a relationship. I fear rejection so much.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.