[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am Asian and I will study abroad soon in the UK. From what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
I am Asian and I will study abroad soon in the UK. From what I've heard, quite a lot of Asians are very cliquey in the UK (especially those who were not born and raised there) and they mainly hang out with other Asians. I want to learn more about a new culture while I am in the UK (kind of silly to move all the way to the UK to only socialize with other Chinese people). Should I hang out with locals or other Asians if they are really that cliquey? I don't want people to think of it as odd.
>inb4 this is a strange question
>>
Chinese? They tend to stick together, mostly because they don't speak English that well or because of cultural values (they think everyone is a slut). Do what you want, no reason you can't have both Asians and Arab friends
>>
just hangout with whoever befriends you or whoever you befriend. Sounds dumb but being friends sorta transcends identity politics.
>>
>>17339969
I'm an international student studying in the UK, and the best advice I can give you is to meet as many people as you can, no matter if there locals of from somewhere else but make sure to diversify who you're hanging out with.
I'm assuming you're going to uni there, and people at university tend to be really open once they find that you have similar interests so clubs and societies are probably a good shot too.
Can I ask where you're going to study?
>>
>>17339986
I don't know, maybe it is kind of strange to be that Chinese person with a lot of non Chinese friends
>>17339992
I will go to London
>>
>>17339969
Asian in the UK means Paki, not Chink.
>>
>>17340013
Well what do you guys call East Asians then?
>>
>>17340019
Slit-eyes
>>
>>17339969
If you're right - and I'm not sure you are - that Asians tend to stay away from Brits, that doesn't mean that Brits avoid Asians. Chat with classmates or workmates as you would with anyone. Exactly the same proportions as back home will be assholes or racists and the rest open and friendly.
>>
I'm half Taiwanese and half English, and I live in China, I'm also planning on going to the UK to study, I don't know if it will help, but if you wanna know about the culture in the UK and whatnot I guess I could try my best.
Kik: pillowman222
I also have wechat if you don't have kik
>>
>>17339986
>they think everyone is a slut

Well they'd be right about the natives wouldn't they?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.