[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I'm thinking about living out of a van or something.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 1464817114967.png (644 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464817114967.png
644 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /adv/

I'm thinking about living out of a van or something. Any advice? How would I take a shower?
>>
Buy a shit ton of wet naps on amazon. You don't need the "bro wipes" or whatever, it's the same shit. Just wet naps/moist towelettes.

Use like three and it's like a quick shower. Face/Balls/Pits/Ass are your main sources of stank.

Also get a gym membership so you don't get fat and can use their showers. Fill up a camel back or something with water while you're there.
>>
File: 1411375160925s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1411375160925s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
The bigger truck stops have showers you can use for a few bucks.

I would think your bigger concern would be access to a toilet and how to brush your teeth regularly.

You should probably be thinking about how *NOT* to live in a van down by the river.
>>
Why do you want to live out of a van?
Traveling for fun or losing your house and can't afford another place?
>>
>>17340056
Yea basically this. I did it for two weeks and it was after I researched ways to make it suck less.

That is basically your life while you live in a car: figuring out how to make it suck less.

I moved across the country for a job and lived in my Prius for like 2 weeks. Thank god for the fold down seats. I'm glad I did, but those two weeks were shit. It was hot as fuck even in the shade with a car cover on and my make-shift AC.
>>
File: 1464669065689.jpg (268 KB, 773x484) Image search: [Google]
1464669065689.jpg
268 KB, 773x484
>>17340008
That's a good idea

>>17340056
Public restrooms?

>>17340077
Nah, I just can't afford to buy/rent a house.

I was gonna buy something like

http://www.solarhome.org/solarstarterkits.aspx

for my electronics/fridge/fan/heater and

http://www.trailershopper.com/

for my weights/drumset. I figured I could use a phone for 3g wifi. The hardest part would be finding a different parking lot to park in every night, but that shouldn't be too bad with how many abandoned lots and industrial parks there are around here. The worst thing that could happen is they tell me to leave in the middle of the night and I have to park somewhere else.

It seems like a good plan to me, but I'm probably just being dumb
>>
File: 1459896229834.webm (988 KB, 228x240) Image search: [Google]
1459896229834.webm
988 KB, 228x240
another bump

Any advice is appreciated because I'm seriously considering this
>>
>>17340861
RV nigga
NEET 4life
>>
24 hour fitness
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.