[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop my panic attacks. whenever I feel pressure or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How do I stop my panic attacks.

whenever I feel pressure or in a confronting situation or when I eel very embarrassed I freak out and often pass out.

it's really embarrassing where it happened at work when my boss was telling me off about something.

Now I feel like I'm a real pussy. and everyone sees me as such that I can't handle a bit of confrontation

Like I don't want my boss to feel like they have to treat me differently cos of it. they were just being firm about something I fucked up on. wasn't being a cunt about it or nothing. but I ended up passing out from anxiety.

Is there a way to stop this shit. like my mind was just taking it and it honestly wasn't bothering me that much. its just that my body was physically giving to anxiety.
>>
>>17339541
also what makes it worse is that I'm a dude
>>
>>17339541
Go to a psychiatrist.
>>
Meds and therapy. That's the only way I got past my panic attacks.
>>
>>17339541

You're passing out because you're hyperventilating. Whenever you're in a situation where you start to feel like a panic attack might arise, just remember to breath steadily. Also concentrate on breathing correctly with your diaphragm, not with your chest. When a person inhales, the chest should never move, only your stomach.
I personally hold my hand on my upper stomach when I start to feel light heated from a panic attack and feel my tummy moving with every exhale and inhale I take. I remind myself that this is my body's natural reaction to a wrong situation, and that it will be gone within 10-30minutes.
This can be fixed with therapy. I wouldn't recommend meds.
>>
>I don't want people to think I'm a bitchbaby and give me special treatment
>Although that applies to me 110%
>>
>>17339541

see a therapist asap, and see if you can get some medication. you'll probably get a script for xanax given the nature of your anxiety
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.