[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean to be a good person? What is common to everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 564x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 564x329
What does it mean to be a good person? What is common to everyone who does good?
>>
They can be selfless if called for
>>
>>17339474
A few criteria come to mind.

First, they generally don't want to hurt anyone if they can avoid it.

Second, they would be willing to help someone who was down if they had the means.

Lastly, their moral code is good by default and not just good because they are avoiding social/legal repercussions. (This may even mean breaking a law in order to help someone.)
>>
>>17339474
A bit of selflessness plays a part. Doing the right thing even when it's annoying, a lot of work and sometimes even against their own best interest.

Knowing that everyone's personal moral code is different and that you shouldn't impose your belief on others. Being open to being wrong but not letting it stop you from doing what you think is right.

Not holding grudges but also not being stupid. Understand who you are dealing with and how to deal with them without hurting them, others or yourself.

Lastly, believing that doing the right thing is the right thing to do. This includes times where it's simple and great to do and when it's difficult and painful to do.

That's what I think makes for a good person.
>>
doesn't fuck with people. non-provoking on social or physical levels.

generally leaves everyone's business to themselves. non-intrusive.

basic fitness and health knowledge. knowing where your general health condition is at. applying that to some extent, consistently for the majority of one's life.

understanding where one's culture comes from.

understanding personal relationship boundaries and applying this to all of the above.
>>
>>17339474
they call it the golden rule for a reason man, treat others the way you'd like to be treated
>>
>>17339474
depends on your culture really, but generally, a good person is simply someones who makes other people happy.
>>
Step 1: determine your specific moral code.
Step 2: follow it without compromise.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: profit.
>>
>>17339728
Can i rape a girl if i wanted her to rape me?
>>
File: Illusions_Richard_Bach.jpg (50 KB, 200x257) Image search: [Google]
Illusions_Richard_Bach.jpg
50 KB, 200x257
>>17339750
Someone's read Illusions.
>>
>>17339750
that's not how it works. the idea is to treat others the way you wish to be treated. if the girl you speak of found you attractive enough to fuck it wouldn't be rape, so by raping a girl you find attractive would mean that you would be raped by a girl you find repulsive.
>>
>>17339768
He didn't say he wanted to fuck her, he said he wanted her to rape him.

The Golden Rule is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>17339803
okay i understand that but the golden rule is to treat others as you wish to be treated. MEANING.

if OP sees some cute girls that's out of his league and wants to rape her, then by doing so he is having the same done onto him, that doesn't mean the girl he finds cute rapes him back, it means an ugly girl would rape him in return
>>
>>17339828
You're missing a key concept here: he wants the girl, to rape him. Not the other way around.
>>
>>17339840
imagine if she got him hard and tricked him. she took a bat and knocked him out. kept hitting his body and head with the bat til fatigued. tied string around his cock and balls so it would stay hard. started to rape him while passed out. he wakes up. confused as fuck and realized he is actually being raped by a female.
tied his
>>
>>17339486
>>17339701
>altruism
>selfless
fucking idiots.

>>17339474
Good people don't exist.
>>
>>17339847
Then he can just not want those things to happen to her.

Look, the bottom line here is that we are all free to do whatever we want to do. If a man wants to be burnt alive on a pyre because he thinks it'll earn him a place by Satan's side, he's free to do that and accept the consequences. And we're free to refuse to have any part in it, or try and stop him, or call the authorities. We're also free to join him.

The world is a sandbox. Write your own moral code and stick to it no matter what, being true to yourself is all that really matters in the end. If the only thing stopping you from killing someone is the idea that they probably wouldn't do it to you, you have some fucked up values.
>>
>>17339840
Stop taking the rule 100% literally just to prove it's wrong. You know what it REALLY means.

People who follow the rule and don't want to suffer, will not make others suffer. And rape is an act of suffering.
>>
>>17339858
*Then he can just not want those things to happen to him.

It got a bit confusing.
>>
>>17339858
y-yes mistress.
>>
>>17339862
Ah, the bible. "Stop taking everything so literally, except the parts that you should take literally, which seem to change on a day-to-day basis".

You shouldn't abstain from rape because you wouldn't want to be raped. You should abstain from rape because rape is fucked up. The Golden Rule is inherently broken, you shouldn't have to be told not to murder and steal. You should just not fucking do it, because that's what being a decent human being is.
>>
>>17339866
Do I really sound that much like a girl?
>>
>>17339867

rape is non consensual sex. she cannot rape you if you agree. your argument is flawed.
>>
>>17339886
You could still just want her to hold you down and fuck you at a really inconvenient time, where you really need to get some work done or something. It would technically be non-consensual, while still remaining enjoyable for whoever is receiving the raping.
>>
>>17339855
OW THE EDGE
>>
>>17339886
There's an infinite number of conditions and clauses I can keep adding to my argument, that's part of the problem.
>>
>>17339840
>he wants the girl, to rape him
Impossible. If he wants it, it's not rape.
>>
>>17340935
Refer to
>>17339892
>>
>>17340935
Also refer to
>>17339895
>>
>>17339895
A better formation of the golden rule would be "Treat others as you would want to be treated if you had the same interests as that person."
>>
>>17340949
Which kind of defeats the purpose of having the rule in the first place.
>>
>>17339474
well to be good doesnt mean to be selfless well then you're not good to yourself kek
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.