[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes you want to approach a guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I feel like I'm attractive enough looking. I've been complimented many times before, being told I'm good looking/cute/handsome by both men/women. At the very most I'd consider myself an 8, on average a 7. But other than a few times before, I've never had any girl outright come up and hit on me.

I've been told I'm not very approachable at first, because I come across very reserved and on constant defense. I asked if they meant shy, and they said "No, you don't seem shy, just like you don't want anyone to fuck with you. A lot of the times you look indifferent, like you don't give a shit what happens around you.". I would like to say I'm a nice enough guy because once people get to know me I'm usually the one to make everyone laugh/talk.

Being told I was reserved was a shock to me, as I've never put much thought into it. I've had two or three women ask me out before, but that was after knowing me a while. What I'm asking about, as this will be my first year as a full time college student, is what things make you comfortable enough to approach a guy with more than friendly intent, when you've NEVER had any interaction with him before?

>nb4 "Why don't you just ask out a girl."
I rarely take notice in women. Doesn't mean I'm not attracted to them, but I just never get that many romantic feelings for women. I wouldn't ask out a girl unless I knew I liked her, but I also wouldn't mind giving it a shot if some girl saw something that I didn't.
>>
It's much rarer for a girl to approach a guy it just doesn't happen as often. Not that it never does but you're better off initiating because that's what is expected
>>
>>17339457
And then why do Females yell about equal rights :/
>>
>>17339459

Just because they want equal rights doesn't mean they want to use them.

They just want all the rights, all of them.

And then they'll just sit on them like a dragon guarding its gold.
>>
>>17339448
Girls talk to you?
>>
>>17339482
That's what I'm thinking. Are you the guy in the pic with the neck beard and the pot leaf doo rag? I hate to rain on you're parade but you might be a 5 or 6 if you got rid of the clown life costume.
>>
>>17339505
\//\
>>
>>17339505
Yes I am the popular Youtuber H3H3
>>
>>17339457
>>17339459
>>17339466

Can this not devolve into another argument about womens' rights? In fact it's got nothing to do with womens' rights. He has a right not to ask girls out the same way that girls have a right not to ask him out.

And whilst the first statement is relevant to the topic - the second just derails it completely. God damnit 4chan.

That being said, work on your smile. A smile makes you far more approachable. If you see someone, just smile at them. Practice smiling at people. Some chicks say 'that's creepy' but desu who gives a shit? It's not like you're breaking a law. You can't base your life on what others think. Just smile at people and be generally happy about shit. If nothing else, it's a great way to meet new people.
>>
>>17339448
>What makes you want to approach a guy?

Absolutely nothing. I hate doing the approaching, be it a guy or girl.
>>
>>17339448
It's use of body language that makes you seem unapproachable, don't cross arm stand with an open posture and put on a bit of a smile, let your body language welcome people
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.