[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /adv/ How much money would you guys typically have on you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1463470139001.png (24 KB, 158x149) Image search: [Google]
1463470139001.png
24 KB, 158x149
Yo /adv/
How much money would you guys typically have on you whenever you would head out?? I would think to bring only enough for half a tank of gas and maybe 5 or so bucks for food along with whatever amount the price of the item you headed out to purchase would be
( that is if you even had the intention of buying something before heading out ) also general survival thread, post what you carry with you while out don't be shy ;-)
>>
I keep $20 folded up in the corner of my wallet for emergencies. When I'm out of town I place it in my sock instead because I'm a paranoid fuck
>>
>>17339395
This is why God created credit cards and ATMs.
>>
>>17339395
Every time I leave the house I religiously check that I have my keys, wallet, fags and lighter, and my phone - if those things aren't in my pockets, I won't set foot outside the door.

Usually keep £100 ($130 US) in my wallet. For me, that amount is the sweet spot between having enough cash that it's worthwhile carrying it while still being little enough that it's not a big deal if I lose my wallet or whatever. There's also about £20 in various coins in the ashtray of my car (I don't use it as an ashtray though) in case I need some change, but I don't often use cash for much. I also carry my fuelcard (I travel a lot for work, so my employer pays for all my diesel), my debit card (which I only use 3-4 times a month, just to draw cash from the ATM), my AMEX card (use that to pay for everything I can, has a good cashback deal and because I pay the balance in full each month I don't get charged interest) which has a limit of £20,000, two visa credit cards to cover me at places that don't take AMEX (it isn't widley accepted here) with a combined limit of about £7,000 which are both on joint accounts with my wife, and a mastercard credit card that I use once in a blue moon just to keep the account active.

Other than that there's a couple of photo's of my wife in there, one of the kids when they were little, half a dozen of my business cards, and a Canadian $50 note which was left over from our holiday there about 18 years ago that I keep meaning to exchange for proper money but never get round to.
>>
>>17339800
Forgot to add, there's 40 cigarettes and a handful of lighters in the glovebox of my car in case I get caught out, and £250 in a plastic bag tucked in to the spare tyre compartment for emergencies.

I used to keep spare keys for my house in the spare tyre bit too, but as I keep all my keys on one bunch if I've lost my keys I wouldn't be able to get in to the car to get it. Plus if I had to do some breaking in I'd much rather smash a window on my house than on my car.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.