[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you need to smoke in order to get withdrawals? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 298x169
How much do you need to smoke in order to get withdrawals? I've been smoking 1 cigarette a day roughly for a little bit more than 1 year. I've been on and off with it though. I like it because it gives me a good base of calmness and boosts my mood and lessens social anxiety.

This past week I binged a little and was having 3-5 a day. I never done this before and I felt gross so I decided to cut it out.

2 days later I get a little bit of cravings, but right now I feel super depressed and a little anxious. Is it possible in any way that I'm facing withdrawals or are those only for the heavy smokers that smoke half a pack-full pack a day? Or am I stressed because of other external factors?
>>
Smoke more than 1 at once and you should be good.
>>
>>17338675
This is some pretty opposite advice
>>
>>17338658
Have fun with that cancer
>>
>>17338658
Who cares, you'll die from cancer soon enough
>>
File: 1332095720871.jpg (68 KB, 680x682) Image search: [Google]
1332095720871.jpg
68 KB, 680x682
> 1 cigarette a day
It's a fucking whole lot more than that.

You've probably developed a small ritual habit, but you're not addicted in anything beyond that. Just suck it up for two days. You don't have withdrawls, nicotine requires at least a half-pack daily habit to have physical withdrawl symptoms.
You're placebo-ing the fuck out of yourself
>>
You are withdrawing, but it's nothing compared to pack a day fags
>>
>>17338658
If a cigarette calms you, you're already hooked.

It isn't calming you - it's fighting the withdrawal symptoms.

Nicotine, like heroin and other addictive drugs, alters your body chemistry so that you-plus-nicotine comes to feel "normal" and you-without-nicotine feels bad.

So it is NOT social anxiety the cigarette fights, but the feelings generated by you-without-nicotine. You are not being calmed down, you are being refilled with the nicotine you need to feel "normal."
>>
>>17339757
So then how long typically does it take for a somewhat light smoker to return to baseline levels?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.