[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having Kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: BbQtjVN.jpg (70 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
BbQtjVN.jpg
70 KB, 600x660
When is the best age to have kids, /adv/ ? What are some factors to determine if you are ready to have kids?
>>
25 is the ideal age, by then you should be married, established in your career, and own a house. After age 30 your child WILL have birth defects.
>>
>>17338646
during your 20's. around 30's thats when most women biological clock starts ticking

>What are some factors to determine if you are ready to have kids?

have a good paying job, money and a partner you can trust
>>
>>17338651
Would you say early 20s or late 20s? Is this from experience?
>>
>>17338646
>When is the best age to have kids, /adv/ ?
I'd say between 24 and 28. The lower bound gives you a good few years of being a responsibility-less adult, freedom to enjoy young person stuff and time to get yourself in to a stable enough position to have kids, whilst the upper bound keeps you clear of parental age related birth defects, saves you from having kids running around when you're too old to keep up with them full time, and means that they grow up and move out whilst you're still young enough to enjoying going back to being a responsibility-less adult.
>>
>>17338646
when youre ready
(ready: financially stable, have a trustworthy committed partner, have desire to raise children)
>>
>>17338649
Is this true? My wife keeps saying this.
>>
>>17338646

However old you are ten years from now. By then medicine will have advanced enough to screen out all unsavory defects and genetic problems. Then you can have your cake and eat it to. Enjoy your youth without shitty kids, then have healthy kids when you're older, more experienced and more capable.
>>
>>17338680
Interesting, I'm 24 now and have been dating the same girl for 2 years. She has some fertility issues but I'm not sure all of what factors to consider before I try, If I wanted to.
>>
>>17338683
10 yrs from now my GF will be approaching 40.
>>
>>17338649
I came in to say exactly this. A woman who isn't marred by 25 basically fucked up.
>>
>>17338697
What age should a guy be married by?
>>
>>17338649
Even 25 is pushing it, people should be getting married in college and have a baby on the way by 23
>>
>>17338709
How do you factor this out?
>>
>>17338704
30 to 35, I'd say. Past 32 is pushing it a bit, though.
>>
>>17338715
>should be married
>willingly give away 50% of your shit to someone because they have a vagina
>>
>>17338715
Why the age difference between men and women?
>>
I never felt the need to have kids. I am 26 and the last thing I want is a kid.
>>
>>17338759
Why do people like this always feel the need to comment on threads that are specifically about having kids.
>>
>>17338685
I've been dating my wife (now 26 - I'm 25) since she is 20 and I'm panicking that I'm losing attraction. I don't know if I can really be attracted to women beyond this age.

Maybe divorce and a life of solitude for myself would be better than having kids...
>>
I know I'm not going to forgive her if she lets her body go after having kids
>>
>>17338771
Attention-whoring cunts, mostly
>>
>>17338739
Men don't get fertility issues until later in life than women. Also, men are traditionally expected to make the majority of the income, and it takes some time to get established.
>>
>if you don't have your life figured out by 14 you're fucked

Don't worry about having kids your 20s. Most people are still figuring out careers at that point so it's no time for kids. Use your 20s as an exploratory period. Aim for early kids in your early 30s. Both man and women regularly have a very high percentage of very healthy children then
>>
>>17338774
...wow. Sounds to me like you are an asshole. To say you can't find a woman your age attractive is so petty and fucking spiteful. Hoping she leaves you now.
>>
>>17338776
Asshole, like your not going to have a beer gut by than.
>>
Biologically, mid twenties for women. Of course, there are other factors such as maturity and financial stability
>>
>>17338649
TWENTY FUCKING FIVE!

You'll be 46 by the time they are 20.
That is all good and well if they've have left home and done their own thing before you're 50... but that isn't going to happen.
>>
>>17338776
Thats why you die alone.
>>
>>17338802
False claim. Your risk for deficits and infertility goes up after 30.
>>
>>17338820
>like your not going to have a beer gut by than

I'm not that kind of beer-drinking slob.

And learn to spell.
>>
>>17338827
Everyone dies alone
>>
>>17338840
Nope only those with zero people skills die alone.

Those who invested their time in other people die with company.
>>
for women the best age is roughly 23-26

for men it's more like 25-35
>>
>>17338849
Why are you so obsessed about being in the company of others? Are you a pack animal?
>>
>>17338866
I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1429471826055.png (404 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1429471826055.png
404 KB, 500x587
>>17338866

humans are social animals anon.

we are evolutionarily disposed to living in tribes of 30-120 people.
>>
>>17338831
not really. infertility goes up very slightly after age 30, and defects very slightly increase after 30. I think it's a small risk to take if you have kids when you're not financially ready because having kids when you're poor has a much higher chance of fucking them up
>>
>>17338884
If you're not financially secure by 30, you fucked up.
>>
>>17338884
over 35 is the real risky age to have kids
>>
>>17338884
So you want to start a family at 35?
So when the child is 20 you'll be 58!
>58
Do you remember what you were like at 20, would you inflict that on anyone in their 50s, let alone their 60s!?
>>
>>17338896
refer to
>>17338889
>>
>>17338683
>By then medicine will have advanced enough to screen out all unsavory defects and genetic problems.
In only a decade? Christ you can't seriously believe that.
>>
Good lord this seems really young to have a kid. Espically when you only have so much time bring young.
>>
>>17338906
>>
>>17338649
>After age 30 your child WILL have birth defects.
Spoken like not-a-doctor.
>t. Father of two healthy kids born when my wife was 35 and I was 37.
>>
>>17338935
That was a bait post not sure why so many people agree with it, this place must be full of lower class people. My parents were ~35 when they had me and and my siblings and everything turned out fine.
>>
>>17338680
Pretty much. Every woman is different but generally a woman's fertility peaks in her early 20s. Slowly starts to decline between 25-35. Then quickly falls between 35-45. Ideally women should have babies between 15-25. That's why puberty ends for girls at 14.
>>
>>17339354
>15
Actually having a baby in your teens has an increased risk for pregnancy complications and birth defects, the same as having a baby after 30. 20s are the ideal age for child-bearing as far as the physical/biological aspect.
>>
>>17339359
That's feminist bullshit. It's literally made up science to encourage girls to wait. When you do your own research you'll find that the late teenage years are good for having babies.
>>
My mother got married and had me in her 30s, so since I was a child I decided no matter the case I would not have pursued a relationship nor thought about having a kid before entering my 30s too. Now I am 32, just gotten a good job after a long string of unpaid internships and looking - thank you 2008 subprime crisis for destroying the economy - and I have a man who loves me, adores me, wants to raise a family with me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. If all goes well we'll get married in one year and we'll probably have a child two years from now. I was born in a not wealthy family so I want to make sure we don't have any financial problems first, make sure that him and I have everything we need and want first, and I want to make sure my job is secured. I'm not going to quit it after having a child as I want to keep my own income, I don't want to be financially dependent on anyone ever again as it is hell. So the best age for me to have a kid is in my middle 30s.
>>
>>17338649
>should
People who depend on things working out as they should are usually failures, for very clear reasons.
>>
>>17338649
Holy fuck that misinformation. Even 35 only puts your kids at a 0.5% chance of having ANY defects based on age and yes I'm only talking about women. For men it's even lower. Kill yourself.
>>
>>17338646
http://www.livescience.com/51786-pregnancy-chances-age-family-size.html
>>
>>17339379
They aren't though. Objective empirical evidence shows that the teenage years have an increases risk for complications and birth defects like hypertension, preeclampsia, premature birth, low birth weight, autism, and gastroschisis.

Will most teenage mothers have a healthy baby? Yes, just like most mothers over 30. Is their risk increased compared to mothers in their 20s though? Yes. The 20s are the physiological peak for women and pregnancy. It's absolutely false to include the teenage years in there.
>>
Do You want poverty? or will you Make peace?.

Statistics is the only way to go.

Want to be single?
>>
>>17338646
When you've achieved your main goals in life more or less and feel like there's nothing new waiting there for you anymore.
That's how we went. School done, stable job, nice own home, went for Japan vacation and back home.
>>
>>17339586
Also this. >>17338649
I've married with 20 years old and achieved my main goals with 22 years old gave birth with 23 years almost 24 years old to my first child. My third and last one I gave birth with 29 years old. My husband is 3 years older than me.
>>
>>17339586
So overall what I have gathered is that it is completely subjective as long as you have kids before 35 to minimize defects?
>>
>>17340718
After 35 is OK too. My aunt had my cousin when she was 36 and he's perfectly healthy.
>>
I had a baby at 23 and I'm now 24 and have twins on the way. But at the same time I'm highly educated and come from an extremely wealthy family and my husband is extremely well off.

If you aren't in my situation I would suggest waiting.
>>
Never
>>
>>17338677

Only quality answer here. Age is a limiting factor in some ways, but with modern medicine the risk is relatively low.Don't have a kid unless you are ready in all of these ways.
>>
>>17338651
>a partner you can trust
>>17338677
>have a trustworthy committed partner

It's a shame that it has become unicorn tier to find

>>17338704
Whenever he damn wants with preferably his car and house paid and cash stashed in the event of a divorce
>>
File: zzkj.gif (1 MB, 578x325) Image search: [Google]
zzkj.gif
1 MB, 578x325
>>17338646
Ovulating much?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.