[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever had the feeling of a lump in your throat accompanied
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Anyone ever had the feeling of a lump in your throat accompanied by pain and a clicking when swallowing?

The past week I've had a powerful cough, and I woke up today with these symptoms. After a little sleuthing I found that it might be "due to thyroid-cartilage rubbing against anomalous asymmetrical laryngeal anatomy".

Now I'm hoping to get an opinion from anyone who's been through something similar. Could my terrible cough really have dislocated cartilage in my throat? The problem seems to be misdiagnosed very often and requires invasive surgery to fix.
>>
Do you have pain and clicking in your jaw, not just when you swallow, but all the time, whenever you move it? Do you get frequent headaches and/or ringing in your ears? If so, you could have bruxism and TMJ because of that. But this is also a shot in the dark here.

/adv/ is not a doctor, we're no replacement for seeing a professional.
>>
>>17338592
When you have a really bad cold maybe with some temerature, it is normal that you lymphs swell.
Nothing to worry about, as long as they go back to normal in a moderate time.
I get it also sometimes.
When the sympoms of your cold get stronger and more intense then you need to go to the doctor.
>>
>>17338602
Luckily I don't have those symptoms.
I know a professional would be the most helpful, but with the article stressing how often it's misdiagnosed I've been hesitant.

>>17338603
How long is a moderate time in your opinion? All my cold symptoms besides a minor cough and sore throat lingering have gone away, fortunately.
>>
>>17338618
Moderate time can be up to two weeks depending how much stress you have during your daily life, and how fit you are in general.
Just watch it, as long as it gets better day by day there is not really much to worry about. If it gets drastically worse or if it is the only ache left after a couple of days see a doctor.
>>
>>17338592
Go to a doctor right now and do a cancer screening.

The guy proved everything he said in this post too.
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_pharyngis

Very likely anxiety. I had it REAL bad during my recent stint of unemployment. Was very convinced I had cancer and was dying. I had some very severe symptoms as well that went away after I quelled the fear. Anxiety can absolutely fuck your shit up.

I would get tested just to be safe if you have health coverage.
>>
Cancer
>>
File: 100 - 3uJAFk9.png (91 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
100 - 3uJAFk9.png
91 KB, 255x253
>>17338687
That was the saddest greentext I've read in a while, was very recent too.
>>
Do you still have your tonsils?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.