[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cope with loneliness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 467x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 467x599
How do I cope with loneliness?
>>
>>17338535
Go by /soc/ and try to find a job and connect with coworkers. It's been doing alright for me.
>>
>>17338535
Make yourself the all you need. When you've become a person you're happy with, loneliness doesn't really bother you
>>
>>17338535

There is a native american spirit totem for the bobcat that teaches those born under it how to be 'alone without being lonely'

this isnt to say that those people who follow the bobcat are supposed to be single, or hermits, or what have you, but rather that they need extra emphasis on enjoying time alone.

but how do you enjoy time alone? well when you are young its easy to consume. TV, movies, Video games, even books. but after a while you tend to burn out on that and feel like nothing makes you happy. you've succumb to instant gratificaiton and are unsure what to do now. its like binge watching. at first it feels nice. seven episodes in you feel burn out and itchy and uncomfortable and you're moving around too much and oyu just want the episode to be over yet only so you can get to the next one.

isntead, you have to create. you dont have to be an artist, or even good at whatever it is you make. just open to growing and open to actually doing it on a daily basis.

i like to make movies. others write books. others build furniture. others draw comics. others create radio plays. others simply make silly youtube videos, or reviews, or podcasts, or blogs or articles or anything.

what do you want to do?

also, go socialize.
>>
File: pepe.png (117 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
117 KB, 500x419
>>17338571

this is very true, look at what youve always wanted to be in life and do it, you wont believe how much joy this brings to you
>>
>>17338578
This is some decent advice. Do you play an instrument OP? Start making some music and post it to some of the threads on /mu/. I'm even going on a tour across Florida with someone I met on /mu/.
>>
>>17338581

dude thats fucking sweet.

>>17338579
>>17338571

these are true. I find that the thing holding people back from chasing their dreams (not achieving but chasing) is often relationsihps. when you're forced to do something with someone on a near daily basis kinda kills the opportunity to pursue passion projects like music, or film, etc.

while OP may also be lonely in the friend department, finding a creative hobby is definitely the first step to loving time alone. then filling up what time remains by seeking smaller social interactions
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.