[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there's this girl I've been going out with the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tfwnf.jpg (57 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
tfwnf.jpg
57 KB, 511x428
So there's this girl I've been going out with the last few weeks, nothing serious yet tho which is kind of my problem. (just in case I'm 22, never dated before) The thing is I'm kind of afraid of
dating, not just her but in general, I like her and I enjoy spending time with her, but I have no idea how being in a relationship works, how frequently are you supposed to talk to her, get together, go out etc. I assume I'm not supposed to talk to her every day, right? The thing is when you are in a relationship it's something constant , every day you are in the relationship and I have no clue how it would work, I'm sure I'd be stressing out all the time not knowing if I'm doing something right or not.
So I don't know, are there some guidelines or something like that?
(I'm sure this is one of the most pathetic questions ever)
>>
>>17337637

dont worry man. things are weird and rough and hard to figure out. but thats because were meant to figure it out for ourselves.

I dont believe in texting more than casually. like sending a funny pic or a funny little note about the day. checking in. i dont believe in long texting conversations each day. why bother? other people like that.

the point is you are supposed to find that out for yourself.

now heres a thing op. this girl isnt the girl you are going to marry. i know that sounds surprising but pretty much no matter what you do, this girl is not who you end up marrying. just saying.

so with that in mind, ask her out. do something 'serious' and just learn as you go. this girl will be the girl you learn not only what you want but what to compromise on.
>>
>>17337656
That's I good point I hadn't thought about, I mean I know most likely I wouldn't marry this girl but I didn't think that because of that this would be a good oportunity to learn. That's actually good advice, thanks
>>
>>17337696

no problem man. i know no one wants to think of what they are doing as just a learning opportunity but 99% of the time it is in some way or another. that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it for al lthe same reasons. something isn't beautiful because it lasts.
>>
>>17337710
Yeah, now that I think about it was too much to expect do everything right the first time, which is kind of my problem with everything really, when I should focus in learning from the experiences
>>
>>17337734

pretty much desu. i dont think anyone really thinks to learn from the experience. they just muster up the courage and then do the learning by accident. but if going in knowing that the worse that happens is your life continues as is, thats not bad.

good luck mate
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.