[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say you're dating a girl and she's fantastic. You click
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: 1457094665860.jpg (30 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1457094665860.jpg
30 KB, 649x649
Say you're dating a girl and she's fantastic. You click on pretty much every level, from deep conversations to /b/-tier crass shite like discussing weirdo fetishes while laughing your asses off. She shows you she cares because she's very physical and initiates as much as you do and you talk online and she actively tells you to meet up, she wants to see you, she likes you and hell, she even insists on alternating the bills for dates.

But say she breaks up with you because no actual spark developed during the dating period. Your feelings had started moving towards relationship territory but hers remained firmly at Dating. She likes everything about you, but that particular spark that makes you long-term relationship material she just doesn't feel.

Now, you didn't know this girl before you started dating so there's no friend time-period to really cushion the blow/help bring you both together again. Can a spark ever develop in the future, provided you both still click and hang out? After getting over the no contact grace period so you can recover enough to not want to kill yourself seeing her with someone else or just not show you physical attention like she used to.
>>
>>17337310
>Can a spark ever develop in the future
nope it is why people date to see if it is a match or not and you move on when you find it isn't
>>
Might happen, might not.
Shes likely seeing you in a less bright light than you her. Work on yourself.

Also, get over your one-itis and fuel that friendship. It seems you two might have a rich friendship ahead of you.

My two cents
>>
you are the ugly cuck, the "friend", the handbag holder. Enjoy listening to her moans while she gets pounded by chad every single night
>>
>>17337736
I might have missed comprehending your Last Paragraph. You two are still in contact?
>>
>>17337750
Point at that bitter Robot and laugh
>>
>>17337755
he might listen to a roast like you and actually become the cuck, its pretty sad and pathetic what clueless fucks have to endure on the internet
>>
>>17337760
Stop trying, robot.
>>
>>17337753
No, we're currently not in contact. It happened on Monday so it's far too early. I omitted a lot of details to have a decent question, but she's pretty genuine. she refused to do this shit anywhere but face to face like civil adults and she almost cried when she realized I actually liked her and wanted more. I know she WANTS a relationship and is actively seeking one. Odds are she's dating someone else already, but that's none of my business.

I am always working on myself, I just don't know what might be missing. It's obvious we have chemistry (considering we also fucked and she considers sex quite intimate. I have no reason to doubt anything she said since she always physically showed me it was true). I do fear I have one-itis because shit, all experiences I've had were dramaqueens who are always expecting the man to do the work, never anyone who shows you what they want and they put in the effort to take it.

>>17337718
I fear this a lot.
>>
>>17338123
Sounds very much like its done for. To me, she already doubts wether or not you two match. She'd have agreed to a relationship otherwise.
Bro, do yourself a favour and move on. It's a pain, i know, but you'll be happier in the long run
>>
Sadly, I don't think so. You can learn to appreciate someone more, grow to find them more attractive, realize you have more in common than you thought... but the real chemistry is either there or it isn't.

This applies all the more because she does like you and have fun with you. Obviously she sees you for who you are and sees your compatibility. The rational part is 100% on board, but her heart isn't.
>>
>>17338169
She said there is no spark. She couldn't move on from the feeling of dating. But I mean, I think the spark thing is semi-bullshit anyway. You grow to know and love a person through time, no? I didn't even feel a "spark" with her until some time into the dating and I think It was just me getting into the forward/physical schtick she was doing, something I absolutely LOVE and I wish more women did). I mean you don't just do all this romantic shit without feeling something, to say nothing of the sense of humour and topics we spoke about.

I know it's pain. I just don't get it. Seemed so perfect, so much potential. Maybe if I can get over her (not holding my breath, this kinda sparked an anxiety state and I relapsed onto smoking and meds, so I'm gonna avoid her anyway in case. I don't want her to see me like this), we MIGHT be able to be friends. I don't know. I'm just... numb and feeling hopeless.
>>
>>17338189
Yeah, everything you say makes sense. And that's what makes it hurt all the more. I lost someone so beautiful in mind and body because of what feels like a technicality. I just couldn't believe that could happen after someone so honest with what she was feeling would actively grab my hand and tell me she wanted to see me again. To hold me tight, like I was going to disappear at any moment. To stop randomly on the sidewalk to put our arms around other, butt foreheads and look into each other's eyes and then kiss.

It was proper stereotypical sappy chick-flick shit. Shit I never thought even happened in the world but there it was, in my hands. Now it's all gone.
>>
>>17338198
Ultimately it's not a technicality. The spark isn't bullshit. You know when you're looking at strangers, and there's girls you just feel drawn to? Not because she is prettier than the ten girls you saw before her or because of anything you can logically explain, but because you see -something- (exotic? familiar? admirable? vulnerable?) that draws you in?
Obviously this is not 1:1 the same as either having a romantic spark with someone or not, but people in general are irrational creatures and now we're talking about the territory of emotions... you cannot break that down into neat steps and categories, regardless of how much the internet wants to "crack the code". Chances are if she looked past this and got with you anyway, in time you would lose her because she'd grow dissatisfied, or someone came along who was also nice and compatible with her but pulled some strings that you didn't.

Having said that, I do think that what you describe is really, really commital and romantic for supposedly casual dating. It surprises me that someone would be comfortable going that far while they still don't know whether they might not want to actually break it off at some point in the near future.

The good news is that what you mention is not really that uncommon. Chick flicks are based on something. But I fully understand that that's hardly a consolation right now.
>>
>>17338212
I understand. I'm sorry, I didn't want to seem like a big manbaby unwilling to accept it. I guess I do. It's just.. yeah, not very happy right now regardless.

I know, she said it might need more time but she was in this kind of thing herself. She loved someone once and 2 months into a relationship he didn't feel anything for her. She wanted to give it more time, but 6 months later, still nothing and her feelings grew and she got hurt so much more. She said this isn't a rejection, but if time goes on and the relationship turned toxic, that time WOULD be a rejection and it's best to do this now rather than later.

I know, it surprised me too. She really wants a relationship, so I guess maybe her method is to dive into headfirst to see if anything sparks something. Who knows? I got a taste of what I always wanted in life and meh, it's gone. This wouldn't get me down this much if I've literally had nobody else keep their spark with me for any decent length of time. And I don't know what it is, cause I've changed myself completely. I'm just... unlucky at this I guess. All my life.
>>
>>17338230
It's not that you came across that way, but I can imagine how frustrating it is to feel like everything fit but this weird random detail. While ultimately that weird random detail was that she showed you that she wasn't feeling it, which is a pretty damn essential part of being in a mutual relationship. You can maintain that everything else was perfect but apparently it was not, at least not from her perspective.

Yeah well, it's not up to her to say it isn't a rejection, that's just lame. She doesn't reciprocate your amount of feelings, there's no point in trying to rebrand that. She needs to learn that adding shit like that is not comforting but rather mildly condescending.
Either way, I do get that with her previous experience she is trying to avoid worse.

Could be, but then it would be no more than fair to be more upfront about that still. If you're still talking to her and it won't be weird to readdress what happened, I'd consider mentioning that you got some serious mixed messages there. There's a difference between dating, some flirting and making out to test the water, and the downright tender and romantic things that you mention. It's also a pretty fucked strategy as a girl, you're basically waiting for the guy who can't stomach it and goes apeshit for leading him on or becomes obsessed with what you shared to him.

Not to downplay your experiences but given the website we are on you are probably quite young. I think it would seriously surprise you how many people haven't been that lucky in love yet. The idea that everyone starts dating at fourteen and everyone has their share of that grand romance has very little to do with reality. Many people fumble through half hearted relationships, keep prospective ones at a distance or are trapped in toxic ones. I would understand your sentiment if you're 35 or something with lots of past dating/relationships, otherwise I think you need to give yourself time and not overestimate the lives of others.
>>
>>17338278
I'm actually 29, 30 in 3 months. The thing is that I've never had much luck with these things. I grew up very sheltered and a late bloomer, I never really dated until February when I went on a date and fuck spree over Tinder after another failed thing. The only thing that might be considered a relationship was a year of on-and-off with my best friend but honestly we were just two lonely people with a massive libido using each other for sexual comfort. I've had lays aplenty, but I'm legit sick of it being just sex. I actually want love and have been wanting it for some time now.

I agree with you, it's not really ideal for her, but that's how she does things, she has to realize that on her own if it starts biting her in the ass. We aren't currently speaking, but she might poke me sometime in the future to see how I am and try being friends. I don't know, I deleted her off Facebook and she knows I was going to, since we spoke about space and she respects that. She still has my number and I haven't blocked her, so it's up to her eventually.

Thank you so much for your words. You are very compassionate and your wording is comforting, despite not being what someone in my state would want to hear. I respect your honesty and I'm happy to have it.
>>
>>17338296
Okay, then I can absolutely understand feeling like you have failed this area of life. Still though, I don't think it is particularly uncommon. As you have no doubt experienced by now, part of growing up is realizing that the world exists of flawed individuals who are strong in some aspects and lacking in others - that there are no "perfect rational adults" to compare yourself to. It is similar for people's love lives, it's a part of life that people have high expectations for and that exposes your most intimate hopes and shortcomings... lots of people struggle with how to relate to that in a healthy way. You point out yourself that you've really only been doing this for a short time - have enough understanding of yourself and empathy for yourself to allow it to be a learning process.
For what it's worth, from my experience situations like you describe (having it -almost- all) do help in a way, because now you have tangibly experienced that what you are after exists, and are strengthened in your desire for it. Having a strong inner conviction like that makes it a lot easier to navigate all the different feelings involved in dating because it can serve as a sort of compass. Just to name an example, if you are a thousand percent convinced that you want a serious committed relationship, it's easy to break off a casual thing with a great woman. You can overthink it and go "yeah but she has x and y and what if she just felt differently" but in matters like this your emotion can be more fundamental and tell you that no, what she's offering is just not what you want so you are no longer interested.
>>
>>17338340
>cont'd

In general it is easiest to attract people when you feel at ease with who you are. Not in the sense of being particularly proud of specific things, but in a deeper sense, feeling for yourself that you're a good person, that you have no less right than someone else to be alive and try to make the most of it, that you as a complete person have things to offer and are capable of loving someone a lot. It is up to you whether or not this is an observation that really applies to you as I've only read a few posts which is nothing to go by, but to me you seem somewhat wishy washy when mentioning yourself, almost like you see your own person as your enemy in achieving what you want. If this is the case then that is something to work on because not feeling comfortable with yourself makes it so much harder to make connections with others. People can tell when you don't like yourself. I am not so much talking about self esteem but about something deeper: you can have low self esteem and still be on board with yourself (though it's rarer). I mean rather the insight that you're not just a bunch of senses like you're playing a real life POV game, but you are a flesh and blood person that you have to look after and care for throughout your life. That you may have your issues, but those aren't random annoying roadblocks for "you" to move forward in life, they are outcomes of the things you lived through that are understandable and to be respected in their own way. If you can adapt this position of empathy towards yourself it becomes much easier to engage in things because you have your own back and fucking up along the line becomes less daunting - if a friend fucks up you're still there, right?

Anyway I'm going to cut myself off and hope this isn't some inane irrelevant shit that's not useful to you in the slightest.
>>
>>17338343
>cont'd

If she does, stay true to your stance on that (being friends with her). Not wanting to be friends because you don't want to be friends (but partners) isn't being petty, it's taking yourself seriously.

You are very welcome, I'm sorry that this happened and hope that there's some good stuff waiting at the next turn to put this in perspective. Good luck!!
>>
>>17338340
>>17338343
On the contrary, this is extremely insightful. I'm actually saving the thread so I can re-read and pick apart what you say to remind myself of certain things. Like a portable reality check of sorts. I'm in a bad state right now, not just because of her but because you're right, I have the self-esteem of a fucking kumquat. All my life it's striving for ages for something, achieving a small victory and then it deteriorates into nothing and that failure lingers, not being able to achieve much else for a long time. The first, second or third time a girl loses interest in you, you're free to blame them but when you're nearing 30 and still haven't had anything even remotely like a decent even small-time relationship.. you start thinking you're the problem. How can you fix the problem when your problem is you. But not you as in you're fat or you need a hobby, you as in your core, your essence, your vibe, your aura.

For these reasons I just think I don't deserve it, or I'm somehow broken. I get it when you say I've now tasted it so I know it exists but.. shit man, what're the odds of finding that again when the only social thing I got going for me (not for lack of trying!) is Tinder? The only friends I got are in relationships and they're all outcast types with little social circles. Two got their girls from university stuff, the other from a friend of the others.

It just feels as if I missed out on something that's highly unlikely to never come again. And I'm getting older and I'll have going for me are older women whom are all about settling down. I want romance and love, I'm still a newbie at it, not kids and a white picket fence,
>>
I'll ask you one question op. Did you ever put up an act around her because you felt like you should be more (or less) xyz for her?
>>
>>17338391
No I did not. In fact she told me that I'm one of the only guys who she didn't have to pretend to be someone else either and she thought that was great.
>>
>>17337310
a very similar scenario happened to me about 2 weeks ago, except im talking to her again. we spent about 2 week ends together.

After the last week end we spent together, she said she likes me and thinks i am great guy but doesent feel a spark/connection with me as of yet, and isnt sure if i am the one or right for her. i was like "girl, we have spent two weekends together... i have no idea if we are right for eachother yet". i stopped speaking to her for like a week to give her time to think things over. now i have been talking to her about for just under a week, things have become awkward, dont even know where i stand with her. barely get time to have a proper conversation with her because she is always in work. how long did you date this girl for OP?
>>
>>17338369
I don't mean to just propose the same thing as the issue/magical solution all the time, but from over here it looks like the main problem is that you're not in touch with yourself or actively trying to portray someone you're not. People make fun of the "be yourself" thing because they take it too literally, like somehow you shouldn't strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be, or to be on your best behavior when meeting someone new. But that's not what it's about, just that if you want to sincerely attract someone who likes you for you, there's no point in working smoke and mirrors. You will never be as succesful imitating someone else as you can potentially be being your authentic self. And yeah, that can still mean that if you want to be attractive you should work through some issues and improve some aspects of your life. But those are about more superficial stuff, not about your real person you are deep down. It's the difference between an extreme introvert trying to play party animal, or an extreme introvert leaving their comfort zone and realizing that they can enjoy social interaction, just not in crowds and not for too long. It's taking yourself as a starting point and not some idealized fantasy of another man.

You are right in that a prime time to naturally come into contact with peers has passed. That's simply true and it's a shame, but it's hardly the end all. Most people run into personal obstacles or things they missed out on. Even a dating history is all too often detrimental to forming new relationships - because it made you jaded, or warped your expectations.
So there is no point in lamenting that this particular option isn't there. If you do nothing, you're not going to look back on this as an almost forty year old man and go "I was right ten years ago to feel like it was hopeless, when I hadn't even entered my thirties yet". It's all relative.
>>
>>17338412
There's always more than tinder. The best way to meet like minded people is by going to more specific situations/gatherings. If you love animals, go volunteer at a local shelter, for example. It works on multiple levels: it gives you something constructive to keep yourself busy with, which means less time to worry and overthink. It places you in a new position which gives you a chance to gain a new perspective of yourself, enrich your sense of identity. There will be situations you'll stumble through, but also things that people appreciate about you or things that naturally come easy to you that you would've never thought were inside of you. And if you meet someone this way, you are in a very flattering light because the connection point is something you are passionate about, and you are simply by being there demonstrating something about who you are.
If you don't have the time or motivation for something like this, consider picking up a hobby in a way that enables you to meet people. Many book clubs, dancing classes, cooking classes etc have more women than men. Attend lectures connected to universities but open to all - they usually have options to socialize in groups afterwards and you can run into girls in a younger age range. It's only creepy if it comes across like you went there solely to hunt for girls, which it won't as long as you pick things you are sincerely interested in. Music or food festivals are also good options. It is scary to go by yourself but once you get past the hurdle, it is actually easier to reach out without a companion. You don't have to go straight for a single girl, anyone welcoming you into a group setting is a potential win. It is actually easier and less intimidating to impress someone in a group than one on one. It also takes the onus from her to make her mind up right then and there, and allows her to form an opinion of you in her own time. This also goes for the courses etc.
>>
>>17338410
Shit. I'm not kidding when I say 2 weeks. I met her on the 20th of june and we had the "We can't take this further" talk on the 4th of july, exactly 2 weeks after.

It does seem fast doesn't it? But it was still wow, even for the time period.
>>
>>17338421
did you get on with her? and how many times did you see each other in them 2 weeks? i feel like this "meh spark" is a cop out because the girl doesent want to say the real reason why she doesent like you. if you fall in love with someone straight away or develop strong feelings for them straight away, its normally infatuation and the relationships dies really quickly. the relationships that grow stronger as time goes on are the ones that last. unless you just didnt get on at all, 2 weeks seem to early if you ask me.
>>
>>17338419
Another option is looking through your social circle and seeing whether your friends, your friends' girlfriends and your coworkers have get togethers where unknown new people will also be at.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of the options out there beyond Tinder. Even if you don't feel much for the idea of going down the hobby route, consider that every investment you make in your own personal growth can only ever benefit your chances with someone. This can include talking with a therapist a couple of timses, depending on your resources and whether that's easily done where you live. Therapy is no magic cure, there's a lot of shitty therapists and then there's still the individual factors, but you have the benefit that you are functioning and it would more be for your general benefit than to avoid nastiness. I once read stats on couple's therapy that boiled down to pretty much any kind of couple counselling being equally likely to have a positive impact. That piece concluded that it was less about whatever advice was given and what was said, but about the willingness of the couple to attend those sessions and make a conscious investment in their relationship. I think it is similar for personal therapy, the crucial part is that you are taking an active stance in healing yourself and understanding yourself better.
Whether or not this is something you would ever consider, similar (and not mutually exclusive at all) ideas are to have some serious conversations with family members or close friends. A good starting point would be asking how they look at you, what you were like as a child or how they have experienced you in the friendship. (Of course not everyone would be able to give a useful reply to not, plenty of people are not very reflective.)
Many people also find it useful to write down their life story, also because it makes it quite visible how you manually focus on certain things and leave out others to create a narrative.
>>
>>17338444
A result is that you tend to fall back on the same conclusions and ideas about yourself, while those are virtually always incomplete. After all, people grow and change and a conclusion we drew years ago might actually seem silly and overdrawn with today's eyes. But it is easy to never question it anymore. So writing about it is a good concrete tool to help you realize that your image of yourself isn't that objective and shouldn't be too static.
>>
>>17338439
We met like 5 times and I visited her briefly at her workplace for a short chat before she started acting weird, 6th if you include the last time and she was visibly mentally occupied and 7th if you count the "breakup".

I know, I thought so too, but with her experience of this shit, I understand why she may not have wanted to risk it. She clearly had a lot of respect for me, so possibly she wants to keep me in her life sometime in the future. Time will tell if I'd be ready and willing for that.

>>17338419
>>17338412
I have tons of hobbies, but not any that let me meet a bunch of single girls (sewing, woodwork, warhammer 40k, general DIY shit) and I do generally sell myself quite well on dates and when it comes to woman. Eye contact, good hygeine and clothes, smiles, down to earth, jokes, presentation is generally quite good, but maybe they all smell something off me..

I just hope it's not too late, truly. I don't want to be a crazy cat guy, though there's nothing wrong with cats, I'd rather have a woman and just 1 or 2 cats.
>>
>>17338444
>>17338449
Trips of good advice, checked.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I did see a psychologist once for like a year, didn't help much though, regressed soon after. I'm currently on a course of meds to regulate my depression and anxiety since this was the last straw in a series of low blows. I do want to get better, I don't want to live such a shitty life and I don't want to end up killing myself. Just hope these meds work!

The writing bit is interesting. I always kindof wanted to write a biography of sorts since I pass through so much shit but I see so much shit to write about and my drive just dies. I should just condense a fair chunk of the early life and really elaborate on the handful of events that truly moved and shaped me. Unfortunately, they're mostly negative (deaths and failed romances)
>>
>>17338452
SEWING won't enable you to meet lots of single girls??? Get out of here, do you hear yourself talking? What about advanced sewing courses? Online forums? Hell you can find a forum and ask if there's events for enthusiasts, if there's knitting clubs I don't buy that there are no events for people who like to sew.

Similar for woodwork, there are options but you have to look for them. Amateur exposition where you can get a stand to show off your work? In depth demonstration event from a professional? Though of course this will draw more men than women, I'll give you that, but even then. A new friend can know cute girls, too.

Plus something like a short language course or set of dance lessons doesn't need to be that time consuming even if you don't particularly need another hobby.
>>
Yes it is possible.

It sounds like you made yourself too available. You were too nice or too boring. Or youre not attractive enough like you have bad skin or something. Or you didn't give off a mysterious or 'catch me if you can' aura. Girls that say shit like "there was no spark" are retarded and they actually mean you're boring or not attractive enough - even if you like the same shit they do or are average looking themselves.
>>
>>17338472
Ehh, I know what you're saying about sewing but I live in Malta. It's a tiny fucking island and pretty much the only women who do sewing are babushka-tier nans or 3/10 conservative religious people. Most others just learn at home like I did. But I get what you're saying. I design and make some plush toys, and was thinking of having some stalls at a boot sale or something sometime. Make a little extra money and it's a new experience. I could go through with that just on principle.
>>
>>17338452
>We met like 5 times
i think i may know what it is. i just had an epiphany. i was gonna talk shit about how it was too early but i think this would be better advice

women at your age are looking for husband/father material. she is at that age where she probably wants to settle down and have kids as soon as possible because she is worried that she will be too old if she doesent find the one now. basically, she likes she but she didnt get the feeling that you where the one. think about it.
>>
>>17338473
not op, but yeah, i think its retarded too. they are basically saying they are not excited enough to get that rush of emotions. women are obsessed with relationships and they dream of someone sweeping them of their feet. when i am talking to girls they love when i act enthusiastic, funny, and entertaining because it excited them. most of the time i just want to relax and have a nice conversation. sometimes women need to just calm it and get a hobby.
>>
>>17338482
I doubt that, she is 22.
>>
>>17338481
Well shit, that's absolutely a complicating factor. But yeah, something like that is great. It's the perfect ice breaker, it draws in girls, it shows off something you're good at. You can ask girls if they have suggestions for other events/situations where you can reach more people who might be interested.
>>
>>17338500
probs not then. thought she was like 30 because of your age. you probably just didnt excite her enough, or she like someone else. i know you feel shitty now but you will be over it soon.
>>
>>17338504
I'll see to it. I quite like sewing and DIY in general, I juggle a million hobbies. I thought girls found that interesting but none have really chimed in on it aside from at most saying it's "cool" or "so you like to keep busy :)))". Jesus, come on. Have you ever met a man who could sew a plush teddy bear, make sushi for dinner, whip up a bar of scented soap from scratch AND make you a nice mini-terrarium where you can grow basil inside a hollowed-out lightbulb?
>>
>>17338512
Most people are not that interesting themselves, at least, they might psychologically be as a person but not in the simple sense we usually use the word, interest-wise. They probably can't conceive what goes into acquiring the skills, and cannot appreciate what it says about you that you got into that. It's a shame but the right person will love it because it IS fucking awesome. If you do so many creative things, is there no way to go straight for that? I can see no sewing club being a thing but what about DIY clubs/events?
Also, for the record, I translate poetry and run into the same reactions all the time. "Huh... but why? They already exist? Why not write new ones?" "That's... original. [change of subject]" Sometimes just a blank stare. It is what it is, it is all the more rewarding when you do find someone who immediately becomes enthusiastic.
>>
Just move on bro. The friends thing could be making yourself your own torturer. Believe me I was in the same boat as you than got dumped with similar response. She even seemed upset over it. It's not work it. She isn't special or unique. You are just thinking that. There will be plenty of other people to meet that will give you that same feeling
>>
>>17338525
I never heard of DIY clubs in general, at least here. Usually it's just one specific thing.. I was thinking of just advertising my shit on social media and maybe tell people to share the stuff they like since I can also do commissions. Maybe that could yield some potential.

And that's pretty awesome. I mean language is so full of beautiful intricacies. You can say a poem can have 2 different meanings when comparing two different language versions. Inflections, cultural markings, the way you write them, the little "in jokes" with how your structure the fucking things. It's glorious, that's fucking cool man.
>>
>>17338544
I hope you're right and it's just oneitis. I'm just kindof sick of waiting. All I ever wanted was that kind of honest, pure intimacy. I wanted her to be the one who will finally tell me she loves me, those 3 words I have been craving since i knew I wanted to do something in life.

I'm going to bed, but I'll read any other posts and reply tomorrow. This thread's good insight, even for lurkers.
>>
>>17338545
I was thinking along the lines of a club where they rotate what thing they pay attention to, and keep members informed about upcoming events, workshops and so on. Or consider if you could set up a workshop on something entry level yourself?

Yeah, I love it. It's also mostly just a different kind of thing than writing yourself. I have read things so beautiful that they rank similarly to my fonder memories. Really great literature makes you feel like your world has become richer, like you see things you didn't see before and think about things you never before considered. But as a reader you are usually stuck in this passive role where you are touched or even changed, but there's nothing you can do with that. To be able to directly translate every bit of awe you feel for a work of art into the time and energy and perfectionism you put into making sure that others can not just understand the gist of it but appreciate just how intricate and beautiful and profound (or playful or novel, really) it is... is just extremely satisfying. It's also just like a really cool puzzle that you can think about for months (I am working on some of them for over a year and a half now, just polishing and improving) and suddenly get a stroke of insight and see an option you didn't before. I love it. But it's a hard sell.
And for the record, I translate from and not to English, not sure if I fucked up with grammar or spelling along the way.
>>
>>17337310

No. life isn't an anime or a story. If you were hungry and saw some good food in front of you and you tried it and liked it would you go 'mmmm this is good but I'm just not like, FEELING, it right now.'

She is trying to let you down easy but no woman understands the damage they do to the guy when they do this.
>>
>>17338558
I don't think I'm qualified enough to host a workshop or anything, my knowledge comes from reading a bit on the internet and constant trial and error by fucking up myself. If I see a problem, I try to make-do a solution with what I have so that usually involves using unorthodox tools and shit. But I'll have a look.

The poetry stuff is just amazing though, you take what things you read and the emotions they make you feel and you try to find that particular word in the other language that makes you feel the same way. Perhaps in an attempt to dredge the word up, you actually go and try to experience the feeling itself so it can also get you of the house and doing shit you never imagined. It's got so many cool benefits, it really is like a cool puzzle.

>>17338576
I'm afraid of this. I haven't heard anything from her since Monday and even though she said she'd give me space, if she actually started missing me and wanted to discuss it again to give it another shot, she would've already. I guess I lost her. Fuck.
>>
>>17338296
breh, i'm turning 32 next month.

i was a late bloomer as well and i stayed in a relationship for 7 years.

a month after we broke i got on tinder, met a woman my age who has had loads of tindercock.

she immediately fell in love with me, but i just fucked her a few times to get over my ex.

ur a slut snd ur not entitled to someone who values their intimacy beyond just fucking. the latter type of people are those who tend to form stable bonds.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.