[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are significant personality changes possible without using drugs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: o-LIGHTBULB-facebook.jpg (280 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-LIGHTBULB-facebook.jpg
280 KB, 2000x1000
Are significant personality changes possible without using drugs?
>>
Yep. Anything you'd particularly want to change?
>>
Of course anon. But it requires willpower.

I'd recommand reading Prometheus Rising of Robert Anton Wilson. It may look and sound like mumbo jumbo but it's a very interesting book depicting a map of how our brain and minds function, and how we can change our own situation. Really helped me go through harsh times.

Really this book is mental toolbox. I'd advise you to get into earstern practises such as yoga and stuff like that but the book would explain it way better than I would.

Godspeed for whatever the fuck you're trying to change anon.
>>
>>17337257
Coming out of extreme emotional pain or the death of a loved one
>>
>>17337280
Not sure if that was intended for >>17337272 but if you got an hour to spare, an open mind, the ability to ignore cheese and cringe factors, and you can muster the will to practise on blind faith, I'd recommend you watch this video:

http://youtu.be/psBuPo1ez0M
It's actually very powerful and exciting stuff.

Also, just listen to teachers like >>17337274 recommended. I haven't read Robert Anton Wilson myself, but I know what Prometheus Rising is all about. People like him and Alan Watts can give you some perspective and comfort, as long as you're up for leaning towards Eastern philosophy. Neal Donald Walsch's book 'When Everything Changes, Change Everything' is also good.

For me it's Chaos Magick and Zen Buddihsm/Taoism that help me to grow in the directions I need. Yoga is also important, but I'm too much of a lazy fucker, so can only speak for other people in my life who've gotten tremendous help from it.

Start with the Sedona Method as introduced in the video link, and explore from there.
>>
>>17337280
Never mind, I didn't read your post as a suggestion, thought it was OP answering my first question.
>>
>>17337319
Not the OP but I'm taking referrences from this post. Thanks for the insights.
>>
>>17337257

Yes, but it takes a long time and quite some effort. You must understand that there is a huge difference between doing something and wanting to do something.

If you go about and do it: Do it in small steps.

That is what worked best for me.
>>
>>17337257
>Are significant personality changes possible without using drugs?
Yes, but it generally requires some kind of trauma. This doesn't necessarily have to be a negative event: getting married, graduating school, or moving house are examples of traumatic experiences that most people wouldn't call bad. The important thing is that your life has changed dramatically, and nothing can ever be as it was, and your only choice is to adapt. These seem to be the times that people are most open to change. The trick is to engineer the situation such that the change you want to make also happens to be the best way to adapt.

It is even possible to make major personality changes outside of these times. But it is MUCH harder. You need discipline that would make a soldier jealous (and even most militaries have to resort to traumatic processes to instill the degree of discipline they require; you must go beyond even that level). Fighting your old self is exhausting emotionally, and you have to be prepared to do it for a long time. It sucks. I seriously recommend going the trauma route instead (just make it positive).
>>
I never smoked weed regularly till about 2 almost 3 years ago after my father died. My wife was not around because we were fixing her papers. I started getting kidney stones regularly which resulted in multiple surgeries so i turned to weed after the pain pills ran out and the doctors were giving me hard time. Im not big fan on weed but i see it as my only option i still got permanent medical problems.
>>
>>17337257
>>17337257
yeah its called not leading on a boring life
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.