[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MY PC is a built from 2012 3rd generation i5 Z77 mitx Mainboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
MY PC is a built from 2012
3rd generation i5
Z77 mitx Mainboard
7950 OC Graphics (perfect for Full HD gaming)
using a 4k Monitor now though, so I think about upgrading cheaply

I didnt buy into the 970, because it didnt yet have enough power for real 4k Gaming,

Now I think about getting an 8GB AMD RX 480, because its fast and lies in my budget of 300€

You guys think that would work? I dont need perfect graphics settings, but want to be able to play the newer games in 4k resolution, had to use 1080p for Metro 2033 last light so far
>>
>>17337245
4k fag
Have you though of maybe waiting until shit gets actually optimised?
>>
>>17337249
because it needs less space and power than the dual monitor setup i used before and still offers double the resolution, which is great for browsing and multitasking, im more on the desktop as i game
>>
>>17337245

Man for having a pc already you don't seem to know jack

No the 480 won't do 4k 60 fps maxed out

Fuck a gtx 1080 can't even do it

Maybe the 1080 ti or and vega can

If not then you're gonna have to wait a year and a half for nvidia Volta or and navi the other gen in 2018
>>
>>17337538

*amd vega

*amd navi

Also I meant 4k on recent games. Metro is kinda old but still..
>>
>>17337538
>maxed out
thats not what I want, just needs to be playable in 4k resolution, my graphics card would get to like 20FPS in metro in 4k, a 970 would get at least double that and the benchmarks look, as if the 480 could get 50% more even, add ontop of that that it has 4 times the RAM, you think that wouldnt work?

the 1080 runs a lot of games on highest settings really smooth already, but i dont want to spend so much money
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.