[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going into 2nd year at university and still no major and am pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1467804657860.png (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1467804657860.png
83 KB, 600x600
Going into 2nd year at university and still no major and am pretty lost in what I should do

I was originally planning on doing comp sci at the local community college because it's something I enjoy and spend a lot of my free time fiddling with computers, but I ended up getting a full ride scholarship that covers all my classes and housing at the best school in the state. Needless to say I am vastly underqualified for CS because I just went to a shitty public school in a rural area whereas my school imports people who went to private academies all over the world. I'm not the best at math either, which severely limits my options. Comp sci is completely off the table as a major. No amount of studying is going to get me in at this institution. I'm not being self deprecating, but that's just the reality here

I've found that 4chan typically isnt the best place to ask about this as I normally get the response that I should just drop out if I cant get into electrical engineering or something of that nature.

Worst part is I'm completely unsure of what I want to do in life. My counselor and I were discussing something called geographic information systems which sounded interesting and I'm checking it out in the fall, but I feel like I'll be locking myself into a very specific field for life if I do that. My current backup plan is to just do polsci or something else if that doesnt work out...

Also another thing that you'll all probably scorn me for is that I kind of just want to live on the road and vagabond for a bit after school. I've never left my region of the United States in my entire life and I want to see the world, or at least more of it than I have. It seems like if I was to choose something like GIS then I would be locked in at a company right after graduation

I dont need to make a lucrative 6 figure income, but I want to shoot for a career I enjoy and brings in around $50k

Any ideas of possible majors or roads to take here? Any and all advice is appreciated
>>
Stop watching animu
>>
>>17337120
>No amount of studying is going to get me in at this institution. I'm not being self deprecating, but that's just the reality here
Is this just what you assume or has your academic advisor told you this? Really everything you said to us you should be asking him/her. They're in a much better position to give you realistic and personalized advice
>>
So what other interests do you have besides tinkering with computers a bit? You expressed some interest in political science, do you closely follow world affairs?
>>
File: 1467971215153.jpg (261 KB, 1190x744) Image search: [Google]
1467971215153.jpg
261 KB, 1190x744
>>17337140
>You expressed some interest in political science, do you closely follow world affairs?
>getting a degree in /pol/
>publishing a thesis entitled "black lives don't matter, because niggers aren't people"
>spending six gorrilion sheckels on a textbook called "financing the final solution: how to manage your zyklon-b budget"

Fucking sign me up.
>>
>>17337167
in the future before hitting that submit button always ask yourself: does this post need to exist
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.