[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found out today that my entire group of friends basically dislikes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: feels_516771_4069365.jpg (37 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
feels_516771_4069365.jpg
37 KB, 550x453
I found out today that my entire group of friends basically dislikes me and find me annoying, and that they only tolerate my presence because of a group activity we're all involved in on a weekly basis. I found this out through a mutual acquaintance after talking about how everyone seems like they've just been blowing me off.
According to him, I'm seen as loud, obnoxious and annoying by almost everyone.
These are things I've always had problems with since I was a little kid, and throughout the years I've been constantly working on things like boundaries and respecting other people with therapy. I feel like I've come along way but I guess it's still not enough. I also have a nice loud, projecting voice that I can't do much about. I try to control it, but I'm easily excitable and optimistic so I get carried away a lot.

The worst part about this is I rely on these people for support in our weekly groups (we're all in NA) and I'm supposed to be able to trust them and believe that they care about me and have my back, and now I don't know what to think or do. Why bother staying clean if nobody gives a shit about you either way?

I'm looking for some general direction here I guess. 4chan seems to be the only place I can be myself in without judgement from others anymore.
>>
how are you sure that they dislike you?
if they did, they would dump you already
stop overthinking is you fucking cunt
>>
>>17337089
#1- they all stood me up on my birthday
#2- last weekend they all took a trip up to a friend's cabin without me
#3- our mutual acquaintance basically confirm my suspicions that nobody really likes me in the group

Also, why are you being so rude? No need to call me a cunt.
>>
>>17337096

>Also, why are you being so rude? No need to call me a cunt

Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>17337096
He might be Australian
>>
>>17337099
Edgelords belong in /b/, just because we're on a Turkish basket-weaving forum doesn't mean we have to call each other names...faggot
>>17337105
Mm good point.
>>
>>17337096

> Also, why are you being so rude? No need to call me a cunt.

Stop acting like a dumbcunt.
>>
>>17337114
K
>>
>>17337061
>my entire group of friends basically dislikes me and find me annoying

It's simple. We kill the Batman.
>>
O shit

People like you aint supposed to ever notice that or else it's soul crushing

Well I guess you'll have to definetely try to change your personality now
>>
Friends don't exist. Family is the only thing that's real anon
>>
I have similar suspicions like you as well. I also suspect all my friends loathe me, but I don't have an acquaintance to confirm it. Basically, stop being their friend. Stop seeing them, only talk to them when you meet them personally or when they message ou first, and try to improve your personality on your own so you don't experience the same with your future new group of friends.
>>
File: 1466635088530.jpg (112 KB, 680x506) Image search: [Google]
1466635088530.jpg
112 KB, 680x506
Well believe it or not, you're not alone.
I just lost about 36 fucking online friends over one meltdown and now I only have like 6 who barley every talk to me.
Look, the world is a huge place, you'll make more friends in the near future, it's just that maybe that it was a sign or something.
>>
>>17337061
i knew a girl who was loud and obnoxious in my group for school once. first, i think you could either be impulsive because you never really had friends before and youre overly excited. second, or its probably in your culture to be loud not trying to be racist but maybe hispanic? i think maybe you could work on relaxing when youre at home like read some dramatic stuff online and work on breathing techniques.
>>
>>17337096
>#1- they all stood me up on my birthday
>#2- last weekend they all took a trip up to a friend's cabin without me
>#3- our mutual acquaintance basically confirm my suspicions that nobody really likes me in the group
Have you posted here before? This sounds very familiar.
>>
>>17337383
What if they're abusive?
>>
Well OP, you either:
a. Honest talk to this group, ask them why they don't like you and try to change or adapt to their needs so you don't lose them, or
b. Don't give a fuck about people who don't care about you, leave and go find people who genuinely likes you for who you are.
Personally I would do option b but that's because I'm not easy attached to groups. That's up to you. Good luck
>>
>>17337485
>This sounds very familiar.

Loser stories tend to be very similar.
>>
>>17337698
TAHAAAHA
>>
>>17337061
>found out today that my entire group of friends basically dislikes me and find me annoying, and that they only tolerate my presence because of a group activity we're all involved in on a weekly basis.
>I'm seen as loud, obnoxious and annoying by almost everyone.
>throughout the years I've been constantly working on things like boundaries
>I try to control it, but I'm easily excitable and optimistic so I get carried away a lot.
This fucking feel man. My entire childhood. Fuck.
I feel your pain. I was you for years and years until i finally gave up and became a hermit.
Now i'm the silent guy that never says anything. It's not as fun, but at least i get respect.

>Why bother staying clean if nobody gives a shit about you either way?
For yourself. Fuck other people.
>>
>>17337485
I'm pretty much in the same situation as OP, even though i never posted about it here, so i guess more people have this kind of problems.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.