[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are some dads egotistical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1461696012684s.jpg (3 KB, 125x104) Image search: [Google]
1461696012684s.jpg
3 KB, 125x104
>Be me
>19 rn
>I've been living with my mom and stepdad for 3 years in America, biological dad in Europe
>Today was yet another operation for him (Liver cancer)
>Mom asks me to call him
>Fuckthatguy.gif
>But why Anon? He's your dad
>O really?
Age 6 months. My dad started working in humanitarian organisations even though he always got fired because he complained about everything. We traveled in Africa for 6 years and Sri Lanka for 1. Angola: Got malaria. Congo: Typhoid fever. Mozambique: Severe skin exposure (Almost melanoma). Got 3 Malarias later, parenta never told me when or where. Sri Lanka: Civil war, almost lost my hand (As a 7 year old), parents divorce. When we get back to Europe, my dad continues traveling around the world, not giving the money that by law he should be giving for my education/food/home, and shows back in home country only every 6 months for 1 week. He enjoyed sending death threats to my mom for "not making him call his son."
>So why should I call this scumbag again?
>Almost got my mom and me dead
>Never gave a fuck
>Smoked for 30 years (I believe in 2nd hand smoke damage)
>Couple of days ago he even contacted my mom texting "Is that asshole of our son gonna call me?"

tldr My dad wasn't capable of expressing his love as a normal dad would, instead ended up being a cunt. Should I leave him to die or waste my time on him?
>>
Call him and tell him he's a shitty excuse for a man and a father and that he's a fucking cunt. Then leave it at that.
>>
It's best to bury the hatchet and have the last word. Call him and tell him what you told us. That you have a lot of hate for the way he treated you and your mom. You don't want to be in his life unless he's willing to change and be a proper father. Then wish him well in his health stuff and hang up.
>>
OP Here. For some reason I still think that calling him and expressing him my feelings would be like rubbing salt in a wound. He's filled with pride about himself, and even though the one who was hurt and scarred the most was ME, I feel like unloading all my anger on him is "evil." Why am I feeling pity for such a horrible man who ruined my life? As a kid, we are all innocent. We try to see everything as fun and joyful. When my mom told me about all those events listed above, my world shattered and I went in a brief week or so of existencial crisis. However, I feel like making him experience my traumas would still ve wrong. I'm in a limbo of hate vs pity.
>>
>>17336647
Are you truly benevolent? Kill him.

Are you evil? Torture him.

Are you a beta? Don't do anything to him.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.