[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the no-contact rule still work if you tell your ex-significant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: amiretarded.png (134 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
amiretarded.png
134 KB, 720x405
Can the no-contact rule still work if you tell your ex-significant other that you're going to do it/your reasons for doing it?

>girlfriend breaks up with me
>says she still loves me but doesn't deserve me or love, that she deserves to be alone for hurting people in the past, thinks she'll hurt me in the long run
>tell her that as much as I'd like to be friends right away, I'd have feelings for her
>want to give her time to think, establish no contact rule, but tell her my reason for doing it is because I want to one day get back together and that when I'm done with the period of taking a break for myself we can be friends, potentially, but it'll hurt and I'll still have returning to our relationship in mind
>she says she'll wait for me

Did I fuck up or could this potentially work if I give her time?
>>
>>17336385
nice filename op
>>
>>17336390

It's relevant to the question
>>
One and only bump
>>
>>17336390
>>17336395
Oh god I'm laughing so hard at work and people are looking at me
>>
>>17336385
>establish no contact rule, but tell her my reason for doing it is because I want to one day get back together
Uh, no contact means you never see or speak with them again. If you tell them you are just trying to use as a ploy to get them to reconsider. No contact means you burn that bridge and no return
>>
>>17337152
This
>>
Don't listen to the above, OP.
Credits for being open and honest with your girl.
No you didn't fuck up, but you questioning it makes me think that you have misunderstood what no contact is all about, and you have to get real.

If you want an ex back, NC is the first thing on your list, but it's not the only thing you should focus on. You have to realise that there's a very real chance that that either you or your girl might have sex with someonr else - and my advice is that you absolutely should, because it's great for getting some perspective in terms of any lingering oneities.

A huge part of NC in and of itself is to give yourself the minimum amount of time you need to heal from the broken relationship. By using NC merely as a strategy to get her back, you're not actually dealing with the fact that it's broken. It might work, it has for me several times in the past, but it can land you in an unending on-again-off-again type situation, which can last for years without going anywhere.

So no matter whether you manage to convince this girl that she deserves to be happy, you need to put your own happiness first, and don't make her claim to want to be waiting for you an excuse not to experience the embrace of a new love interest.
>>
I'll let you know the good ol "I still love you but I'm breaking cause I don't want to hurt you :)))))" is just plain bullshit to make it appear a lil less harsh. She doesnt love you anymore. get over it.
>>
>>17337266
>it can land you in an unending on-again-off-again type situation, which can last for years without going anywhere
so your application of NC works, good job
>>
>>17337333
To each his own. I'm polyamorous, so it's not like I've succeeded in getting her back exclusively. But she broke up with me three years ago, and we're still fucking and she tells me she loves me without really needing to.

One thing is sure though, it never works to continuously reach out to exes. It'll push them away and drive you mad, or possibly just into the permanent friendzone.
>>
>>17337339
she may be telling you she loves you but she is also telling other men the same. you are no more special to her than the next guy and the next one and the next
>>
>>17336385
"hurt you in the long run" basicaly means i love you but if you do something that pisses me off im leaving. it sounds like you already pissed her off, its not worth fixing.
>>
>>17337422
I'm not asking advice on this, but thank you Captain Obvious
>>
>>17336385
>Did I fuck up or could this potentially work if I give her time?
You fucked up when you mentioned "getting back together", assuming that's the phrase you actually used. I know that you didn't mean it in a romantic sense, but it seems to me that she has probably taken it that way: you don't say "I'll wait for you" to someone who you intend to only be a friend.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.