[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solo travel, help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (63 KB, 583x646) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
63 KB, 583x646
About a month ago I was feeling really shitty, so on a whim I booked a flight to the US Virgin Islands for next week. I didn't really think anything of it at the time other than a get away. Well, now I feel nervous. Ive traveled a bunch before, but never by myself. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I have nothing planned for when I get there other than my hotel.

What do you do as a solo traveler? And what is there to do on Saint Thomas for single people?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+there+to+do+on+Saint+Thomas+for+single+people
>>
I dunno I usually just relax but ive only gone camping alone. I enjoy the tranquility of nature and try to feel what solitude is like.
>>
I'm not sure how the virgin islands would be for meeting people, isn't it full of rich white families? Anyways, just enjoy the scenery and visit all of the touristy spots. Go drinking and dancing. If you see cool people don't be nervous chat them up, solo travel can get a bit lonely so it's nice to make friends.
>>
>>17336353

I don't know how to just approach random people at a bar
>>
>>17337550
It doesn't have to be a bar, it can be anywhere. Just say Hello, it's the hardest part. You've got nothing to lose since you'll never see the people you meet travelling again.
>>
>>17336323

everything. stop acting like the world only creates things for couples, almost anything you can do with a couple you can do alone.

stop acting like a tard or you will never be able to enjoy the amazement of just eating dinner on a restaurant over looking the beach listening to your favorite song and not having to talk to anyone.

solo adventures are better than couple adventures imo
>>
>>17338294

Thanks!
>>
>>17338172
This is correct OP. Caribbean people are one of the most friendliest in the world. Just talk about how amazing the island is and carry on from there.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.