[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /adv/ im struggling with a heroin addiction i think ive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: neverhillary1.png (371 KB, 511x324) Image search: [Google]
neverhillary1.png
371 KB, 511x324
hi /adv/

im struggling with a heroin addiction

i think ive been addicted for about 6 months and i only snort it i have never used a needle so i doubt its as serious as other peoples addictions

the longest ive made it without heroin was 48 hours and when i keep trying to quit i repeatedly fail at about 36 hours...i really need your help in trying to go longer my current goal is 72 hours

i start getting really bad aches and pains after around a day and they start to get so bad by 36 hours that im almost always using again

i could try rehab but the problem is that i work with cmh and with all the times theyve threatened it im deathly afraid that they will put me in an adult foster care home if they ever find out im using so rehab pretty much isnt an option until i get done with these thugs i actually own my own house and ive heard horror stories of peoples houses getting sold out from under them when they get put in an afc home

does anyone have any personal experience with this? or if not has anyone helped their friends get off hard drugs? any advice would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>17336257

If you don't go to rehab you'll eventually overdose and die so choose.

Death, or rehab.
>>
>>17336257
Ibogaine
>>
>>17336257
What's CMH, and why are you in Adult Foster Care?
>>
>>17336264
honestly i would rather die than get taken out of the house i bought with my hard earned money see it get sold off and the money kept by the state and get dumped into one of those shit tier afc homes

>>17336297
cmh stands for community mental health and i am not in adult foster care yet im living in the house that i own but my cmh caseworker has threatened to put me in an afc home multiple times and if she knew i was on heroin i can almost guarantee that her and my doctor would put me in one
>>
>>17336257
Have you tried not doing heroin?

Because thats literally all rehab is. You stay in a facility and not do heroin until they think you won't do it anymore. Just don't do anynore heroin.
>>
>>17336318

Are you in the U.S.? If so, what state? They can't do that in any jurisdiction I've heard of unless you have serious incapability. Just CMH wouldn't cut it.

Seriously, go to rehab, get yourself clean. Your addiction will keep rationalizing why not to do it, including imagining legal consequences that are complete fiction.

TL;DR you're just inventing reasons not to go and it will kill you. Get in to rehab.
>>
>>17336327
the withdrawals start to get really bad after 36 hours

am i just a pussy who has no willpower?

>>17336334
i live in michigan

my cunt of a cmh caseworker literally once threatened to put me in an afc home because my livingroom was a little messy
>>
Get some good friends to stay with you over the weekend. Have them force you to stay clean. It worked for me and my meth problem
>>
>>17336257
Are you female and live in Germany? If so, I will fuck you and give you rehab in return.
>>
Ween yourself off. Just do a little less heroin each time you get the itch for it until eventually you can make it past a few days
>>
You need to go get professional help. Find a hotline, or somewhere with addictions counselors.

In the meantime, what you're doing is actually less healthy than just being an active user, you're forcing yourself into the early stages of withdrawal over and over again. Keep doing it, and you'll give yourself a heart attack. If you really want to quit, you need to go to a hospital or somewhere that you know is clean, safe, and monitored 24/7, and detox completely. It's going to be the worst experience of your life, first physically, then mentally. If you don't know what insanity feels like, you will. But the alternative is death. Your choice.
>>
>>17336343
Heroin is the most addictive drug known to man. You're not a pussy, you're a victim.
>>
just quit cold turkey, endure the pain by not being a bitch. once you get past that pain, it's over. using again will just repeat that cycle. using anymore after you 'quit' will just go back to where you started.
the less painful way is to slowly ween down to a small amount and then quit. but most addicts won't be able to do that good. the pain will be less if you do go off slowly, but you'll still have to endure same 2 weeks or more of constant torture the same as if you quit cold turkey.
that 36-48 hour peroid where you've only lasted till is when the real pain starts, and why most people can't quit. the real worst part is probably about a week or two after you quit... the pain also keeps getting worse till a week or so, or it feels like that. at that point you've been dealing with it for days, and you'll want to give up. but if you just deal with it, you'll be good. after that, it drops off and you'll be good.

it's different in how long the pain actually lasts though. it could be only a week or so, or could be 3-4. but if you just go through with it, it won't seem as long as it actually is.

do you play WoW, or used to? if you do, wait till the new expansion, by a heap of redbull and quit before the expansion is released. that worked for me once when quitting, the pain was just as bad but i had something to do that distracted me from it. staying up long hours playing helped with sleeping, because i'd just fall asleep straight away compared to while quitting where i just laid there not being able to sleep. caffeine makes tylenol/acetaminophen relieve pain better as well.

the staying awake for hours, and then sleeping for hours is what made it go faster than usual and not seem as bad too. i'd stay awake for 30 hours, sleep for 12-15, so basically a day would feel like 2. and being distracted by something made the hours go by quicker where i was awake and was dealing with the pain
>>
>>17337085
Quitting heroin cold turkey could kill him. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't tell other people what to do.
>>
nobody cares
go die in a corner you sad pathetic loser
>>
I know this will sound stupid but if you are mentally ready to have changes in your life try DMT i won't be able to explain very well look up joe roggan he explains it with passion but it has the power of making you realise what your ego won't let you
>>
>>17336998
So much this.
Please get professional help. Please.
>>
>>17337259
You're being peddled snakeoil. Jesus fucking christ listen to yourself.

You're in a cult.
>>
>>17337085
This is fatal advice. Don't listen to anon.
>>
You need to stop "weaning" yourself. You will kill yourself. Research heroin addiction and detox. This is dangerous and telling yourself that you're not as bad as other addicts because you don't use needles is a delusion. Stop rationalizing your behavior this way.
Your heart will fail you if you keep trying to go days without and then use again.
The same can also happen if you quit cold turkey.
I can't stress this enough: you need professional help.
You talk about not letting go of the house and things you've worked hard for, but it won't mean shit if this addiction really takes hold or kills you.
>>
>>17337275
>t. I've never used hallucinogens in my whole life

It's a well-documented fact that strong hallucinogens can produce ego death in an individual. Maybe try reading a book before you shit your pants with your straight edge opinions.
>>
>>17336327
No.. In rehab they give you detox medication and a safe place with Doctor care. Opiste withdraws are MURDER everything EVERYTHING that could be wrong with you mentally and physically goes wrong. You do NOT want to go through that alone without medical attention of you can help it

Rehab has therapy programs, group meetings, treatment programs, classes to teach healthy coping outlets ect ect ect
>>
>>17337292
I've done more drugs than you could possibly manage without killing yourself or going insane. You ever smoke nutmeg? No? Well try it sometime, it's worse than shrooms and acid at the same time.

But this has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with the fact that Joe fucking Rogan is building a literal cult of no-neck kettle bell pumping zombies who are so strung out on "not steroids" and DMT that they don't even realize their supreme leader doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Sure, ego death is a thing. But you're telling a man who's trying to get off of heroine to start doing another hallucinogenic drug simply because that's how you solve all of your problems.

In all likelihood, you're addicted at this point. And you're brainwashed as fuck. Whatever trippy shit you're seeing when you have your dream-time, it's only distracting you from reality. It's not actually solving anything.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.