[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are my options?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Victor 1.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Victor 1.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
I have schizophrenia. My parents take my SSI and use it for rent. I hardly have any fun. What can I do to move out as soon as possible so that I can attend school and possibly work too independently? I've told the psych clinic where I get medication from about what happens my parents deny me money and then I have shouting fights with them. It feels like I'm being abused. They threaten with police and incarceration when I demand my money. Then they lie to the doctor and say I'd spend it wrongly and thereby ruin my life unintendedly. What should I do? I'm frustrated.
>>
>>17335955
get a voice recorder or leave a camera/webcam on in the room when they're threatening you.
Talk to the police, tell them you'd like to be emancipated if you're a minor, or start living independently if you're an adult.
Get a restraining order taken out against them if necessary.
>>
If you're under 18 and they are using it on RENT then they have that right. Sorry.
Are the payments made out to you or are they in your parents name?
>>
I'm over 18. I walked out this evening. What should I do now so that I can get public housing?
>>
>>17336059
I am the op by the way. I just took my iPhone.
>>
>>17336065
You's on the streets now nigga.
Find a gang and join it
>>
>>17335955
Do they have guardianship?
>>
>>17336094
No. I'm a Mathematician. I'm 21. What are the chances of my getting public housing any time soon?
>>
>>17336110
First, unless you're currently employed as a mathematician, you probably aren't. Thats especially true if you managed to qualify for SSI with a psych diagnosis. If you can get a job easily, go back home and do that first.

Second, public housing depends pretty seriously on where you live. Its very likely that your options are slim and that it will take time.

Third, you're sounding paranoid. If what you're saying about your parents is true you'll need to be careful about making it appear as if you're actively psychotic.
>>
Post your voice. I haven't heard a schizophrenic in a while.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.