[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't eaten for 48 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1467102765597.jpg (96 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
1467102765597.jpg
96 KB, 500x551
Two nights ago I had to evacuate my apartment because of a fire. That all turned out okay, but I didn't sleep that night and now my sleep schedule is all wonky. On top of that, I haven't eaten since dinner on Tuesday. I'm not even feeling hungry. Should I just see how long I can go without food? Will I gain powers if I do that?
>>
Oh, I should add that I didn't eat yesterday but I did drink a fifth of Jim Beam. That has calories in it, so I guess it'd be a lie to say I haven't eaten *anything*.
>>
>>17335898
No your stomach will eat your fat , which won't help you lose weight at all harming your body organs...
Either buy canned soup with vegetables drink water and try to sleep or seek medical help
>>
Eat a fucking sandwich.

Fuck sake, decades of telling people to not starve themselves hasn't work because people are too vain and stupid to follow up on it.
>>
>>17335939
I didn't do it intentionally. I've just pretty much been too tired to cook or eat something.

But it's ok, I had a banana which flipped the switch and now I'm starving. I'm going to cook myself some hearty beef chili.
>>
>>17335898
I do this too.
Most of the days i have no dinner and a lot of times no lunch.
>>
>Should I just see how long I can go without food?
Personally i've gone a week with no food or water.

>Will I gain powers if I do that?
No, you won't.
>>
it's been scientifically proven that starving yourself have harmful effects, some of which may be permanent

that being said, people have been fasting for eons for spiritual reasons. It's supposed to clear your mind as well as cleanse your body, and be a test of mental endurance.

You probably aren't meditating or in a deep trance however.
>>
>>17335898
>will i gain powers

yes the powers of anorexia and eventual death
>>
>>17335995
>or water

ya, no, youd be nearly dead and your kidneys would start to shutdown

try again
>>
This thread amuses me because
>I often use that picture
>I've known hunger a few times due to nomoney
>I used to fast regularly
>>
>>17336165
This gave me a sensible chuckle
>>
>>17335945
>I've just pretty much been too tired to cook or eat something.

Being this lazy.
>>
>>17336170
>ya, no, youd be nearly dead and your kidneys would start to shutdown
You know, at this point i can pretty confidently say that i know what i'm talking about a little better than you do.
I know there's no way i will be able to convince you i'm not bullshitting, but really it seems that the body's need for water is generally somewhat exaggerated and the ability to handle periods without water is HIGHLY dependent on amount of physical exertion and environment temperature.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.