[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
women in trades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1455121372718.jpg (55 KB, 632x632) Image search: [Google]
1455121372718.jpg
55 KB, 632x632
I've been looking into becoming an electrician, since I'm good at that sort of thing, and I've already started my schooling, but I'm afraid people will think I'm low class. Do you think women who work in trades are low class.

>inb4 just b urself
>>
>>17335671
depends on attitude and how you present yourself.
you are going to be more susceptible to stereotyping.
mostly people are going to drive opinions about your class from your speech, attitudes and dress..
>>
>>17335671
>electrician

Oh boy
Once you get actual work prepare for hours of rage because some retard fucked up before you, making your work much harder than it needs to be
>>
>>17335741
don't forget white is ground red goes up your bum
>>
No more than you think men who work in trades are low class
>>
>>17335768
>they are
i worked in construction, they are nice people but my god the garbage drama in there lives is astounding.
>>
Its unorthodox, but no.
>>
>>17335768
I don't think anyone is low class, I'm just afraid of being perceived as that
>>
>>17335671

if you are good at waht you do does it really matter if its a 'trade'. most men will respect it, though some might see you as less feminine. but respect and feminimity dont always go together.

as long as you can look pretty outside of work you are fine.
>>
>>17335671
Fellow woman in the trade business here, there's nothing low class about doing manual labour, but if you're already considering that maybe its not the job for you. Education often has you dealing with sexism plus sexual harassment if you're nice looking, and when you're on the job people will try to haggle the price with you.

If you really want to pursue this kind of job career I don't think you should care much about your gender and prioritise being critical of your own capabilities.
>>17335741
> When there's a bunch of false wires and you can't find the damn live ones in that awful mess.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.