[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Hey /adv/, this sounds a little too cynical for me to ask, but today I just turned 21 in Florida and one business refuses to allow me to purchase some liquor, can a business legally do that despite me proving my age?

I contacted my county sheriff and they told me that "If I can prove I am 21, in which my ID said Under 21 until 07/07/16", then I am legally permitted to consume and purchase liquor.

It doesn't seem to make any sense, but can a business refuse me service to purchase even if I turn 21 or older?

The sheriff's office told me that they can't provide legal advice despite me leaving home and there hasn't been any disrespectful conflict, so I can't seem to get why it doesn't make sense why I can't purchase despite it being the first day I turn 21 and some restaurants have legally allowed me to drink some alcohol on my own.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone as long as it doesn't violate any civil rights type stuff like they can't be all "We don't serve blacks here" as it doesn't seem like they did that, then yes they can refuse to sell to you
>>
>>17334997
just try somewhere else anon
>>
>>17335042

I live in Florida temporarily for now, and will be moving back into New Jersey soon, can't seem to get why it doesn't make sense on why it becomes some hassles, I was at the gas station when this happened, possibly the reason why I called this cynical, but I don't think this was a judgemental reason or hateful reason.

>>17335060

I was able to at a local restaurant for my start of my 21st birthday, maybe that's the only answer? I hate it when other human beings can't flow in completely, just never makes sense.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.