[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice I just started working at Walmart. No more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Welcome-to-New-Jersey.png (410 KB, 629x436) Image search: [Google]
Welcome-to-New-Jersey.png
410 KB, 629x436
I need advice

I just started working at Walmart. No more than a week ago and best buy called me for an interview just now.

I have the graveyard shift at Walmart and is closer to my house. I'm a cashier.

Best buy is a little farther and I'll be getting hours during day time.

What should I do? I'm conflicted because best buy is fucking best buy and I love electronics and I'm a super geek so I'll love it there because of what I'll be selling.
>>
>>17334993
Go to the Best Buy interview and see how it pans out. Get a job offer and then think it over.
>>
I worked at both. Best buy for 2 years and Walmart currently. Best buy fucking sucks. If you enjoy electronics, avoid it. You'd think you get to help customers learn and explore electronics as you help them with important decisions but you don't. I hope you enjoy selling credit cards all day every day, because the entire job is a commission-less used car salesman job. It's not about helping the customers, it's about selling. They will track and hound you 2-5 times a day about various sales. Transactions per hour, credit card sign ups, warranty attach rates, accessory attach rates, and general transaction spending amount. It sucks the life out of the job. They also pay dogshit for what they ask of you, generally 9-9.50 an hour.

I work in electronics at Walmart for $11.50 an hour with ZERO sales pressure. Fuck best buy.
>>
Also feel free to ask me questions about best buy. Worked in the computers department for two years.

Will try to respond in a timely manner
>>
>>17335209
Damn I keep finding negatives about best buy. I guess I'll stick to walmart
>>
>>17335640
Sorry anonfriend. I remember spending "too much" time with a customer who was surprising their significant other with a gaming computer set up because they needed help and advice. I got punished with a two hour Saturday morning sales coaching session for not meeting my transactions per hour and warranty attach rates goals. It's literally "get as many customers to buy warranties as you can, literally play mind games with them, even if they don't need it. Get them in and out as fast as you can." Wish it didn't suck ass but it does. Stick with Walmart, and move to the electronics department if you can. They pay more.
>>
>>17335640
>>17336043
walmart sucks but bestbuy sucks more.
don't tell anyone at walmart you got a job offer.
they are cunts about that shit.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.