[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides a car, a taxi, a bike or a train, how do I relocate myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 960x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 960x781
Besides a car, a taxi, a bike or a train, how do I relocate myself 8 km from point A to point B under an hour and without tiring myself out, on a friday night after 10 pm in an area with no bus traffic?
>>
>>17334852

Helicopter, obviously.

OP, why do you insist on ruling out obvious solutions to your problem?
>>
File: sky_buckets_9.jpg (699 KB, 3456x1944) Image search: [Google]
sky_buckets_9.jpg
699 KB, 3456x1944
>>17334852
Sky bucket, obviously.
>>
>>17334863
>>17334873
Can y'all please be serious

I'd really like to get drunk in safe company tomorrow and alone at home is 100% not that.
>>
>>17334875

Fuck, why didn't you just say that to begin with?

Designated driver. Done.

Idiot kids these days...
>>
>>17334912
All my friends are in other cities.

Do I really just have to walk? By the time I make it to the train station and get to the capitol and locate myself to a bar, I'll just be too tired to be charming and not find anyone to kiss again.
>>
>>17334921
>All my friends are in other cities.

Make more friends. Next time, they can drive you.

>But I want a solution nnnnnnnnnow!

Then maybe you should've started working on the problem earlier.
>>
>>17334937
My friends did not think to mention they have an extra ticket to the thing where they're going tomorrow because they didn't realise that I could still make it if I change my shifts, and I could have done it if I had warned them early enough.

The only friend in that particular town who is not among the 7 leaving to the con is doing something with his other friends.

I didn't know my sister couldn't give me a ride because she didn't tell me she had plans.

I am sorry I am not perfect, and I am sorry I am lonely and want to be loved.
>>
>>17334852
8 km is not terribly far to walk. You just need to start earlier.
>>
>>17334977
My work shift ends at 10 pm. Even if I change before punching out and drive like a maniac all the way home, I still can't make it out of the house before 10:30.

And after spending 8 hours on my feet, walking between shelves and dragging heavy products around, I don't think I'd be very peppy, energised and sociable after that.
>>
>>17334852

get someone to give you a ride. if ur response is

>BUT I CANT

then congratulations, there is no way to do it. stop acting like the world is unreasonable for not doing this for you
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>17334873
>Sky bucket
>not a trebuchet
Time is money nigger, an hour dangling from a rope means you'll get a lot less done that by spending 40 seconds on a ballisitc trajectory to the same place.
>>
>>17334994

Fuck, there's no pleasing you.

Walk.
Ride your bike.
Take a cab.
Take Uber.
Ride your bike to the train station or bus stop and lock it up there.

If none of those are good enough solutions to your problem, then buddy, maybe it's you. Maybe you should just stay home.
>>
>>17334994
>Even if I change before punching out and drive like a maniac all the way home,
>drive like a maniac all the way home,
>drive like a maniac
>drive
>>
>>17334998
The world isn't being unreasonable. I just try very hard at surviving at it and I'm not doing a very good job.

How do I get a ride at 10:30 pm in a place where I don't know anybody?

Does hitchhiking actually work?
>>
>>17335015

>does hitchhiking work

ive done it, but it was in the city so a lot more cars going by.

>its hard to survive

dont be whiny, getting a ride home after binge drinking isn't 'surviving' .

>how do i get a ride at 10:30pm in a place where i dont know anybody

heres the thing, you dont. you act as if this is some normal thing, but its not. when people go out they either
A) dont drink enough to inhibit them
B) arrange for public transportation / taxis
C) arrange for a driver

if this is an event type thing where you got a ticket, go to the facebook page, make a post and ask if anyone going might be able to give you a ride home.

how are you intending to get there btw OP?
>>
>>17335008
Walking seems like my best option. My bike hasn't been functional ever since I got hit by a van, I have no idea what a cab would cost and uber is illegal in my country.

The nearest train station is 8 km away, in the city. I need to get there to get to the capital.

>>17335013
If I drive a car to a place where I get drunk, how will I get it back home? This is not a city where you can leave a relatively nice car with a crack on the windshield just laying somewhere overnight.
>>
>>17334875
By horse?
>>
>>17335034
Sleep in the car?
>>
>>17335031
I'm not going to go to the place where my friends went. I couldn't make it in time. My plan B was to go to the capital alone and find a gay bar and be less alone.

I'm not in the need of a ride TO home, but FROM home.

I know I'm being whiny but I have mental issues and I can assure you that at least trying to get myself into a place where there are people to stop me if I try something stupid is the healthiest choice I have right now.
>>
>>17335015

Okay, and I get that you want self-driving cars to hurry up and be a thing, preferably before 10:30 pm tomorrow night.

But listen: they're not going to be. You'll have a wait like the rest of us. You want to be able to go the bars in a car and get shitfaced and not have to worry about how you will get home and also you want it to not cost money like a cab does, and also you want a blowjob from Hayden Panettierre.

No one can fucking help you, guy. You find problems in every proposed solution. So here's one: Stay the fuck home.
>>
>>17335057
>but I have mental issues
no kidding

>>17335034
Helsinki or Hell Sink?
>>
>>17335055
How am I supposed to sleep in my car if I will be in another city?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I know I'm just bad at explaining things, but my plan was:

>FRIDAY
> home -> city nearby -> capital

>SATURDAY
> capital -> city nearby -> home

And the problem is the first arrow of the first day. I can make the distance between the two cities by train with no problem, but the last train from here leaves before I get off work.
>>
>>17335059
All I want is to make sure there's someone around if I get some stupid mood swing and take a boxcutter to my arteries.

Not being home alone is the safest thing I can do.
>>
>>17335055
Skip train, drive the whole way.
>>
>>17335087

Friend, you should not be drinking, and you should not be without friends or family.

In many countries there are social workers who will help you find non-self-desctructive things to do and people for you to be around. Does that exist in your country?
>>
>>17335091
To be honest I hadn't even considered that.

Do big cities really have places where you can park a car safely overnight?

How do you tell if it's safe to drive hung over?
>>
>>17335103
Yes, but unfortunately there are other legal reasons why I can't reach out to them. I can't afford to have a single blemish more in my mental records or my entire life is ruined, or at least postponed by several years.
>>
>>17335104
It's never safe to drive hung over.
You're going to plan an extended stay to recover if you plan on drinking yourself blotto.
>>
>>17334852
Post craigslist ad
>>
How do I make mom be less mad about me stealing her car?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.