[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you not think about existential dread, /adv/? I hadn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Dread.jpg (416 KB, 1024x806) Image search: [Google]
Dread.jpg
416 KB, 1024x806
How do you not think about existential dread, /adv/? I hadn't even considered it until about a year and a half ago when it suddenly hit me full force. All I can think about every day is that being alive has absolutely no weight to it. I'm not even depressed or anything like that, but just feeling this way all the time has given me some really extreme sense of derealization. I've opened up to a few of my friends about it, and they've all basically said "Yeah, you'll get past it" but it just feels like there's no way to stop thinking about it. At my point in life I'm supposed to be worried about finding a relationship or getting my degree, but it all just strikes me as totally insignificant in light of everything.
>>
>>17334605
your post is irrelevant, as are your thoughts on the matter. do as you please, no one cares what you do or how you feel about it. the only meaning that exists is that which you make for yourself.
>>
Sounds like a quarter life crisis.

The only true purpose to a human being's life is to survive and procreate.

Live and enjoy life.
>>17334649
This guy gets it.
>>
>>17334605
Embrace the insignificance, don't deny it. Its the most liberating thing you can do.

Realize that your life IS insignificant in the face of history plus the future. Let it liberate you. Stop fearing death and as such, don't feel like your time would be more valuable spent doing something "more".

Essentially stop looking for meaning. Better men than you have tried and found nothing.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.