[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail job interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: mueck6_2197941i.jpg (48 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
mueck6_2197941i.jpg
48 KB, 620x387
Place got a job interview at sells clothes, electronics,accessories, other personal items. What are some good answers for questions they might ask?
>>
Retail interviews ask you the same general interview questions you'll see on example interview question sites, so just prepare for those.

One oddball question you may be asked is something along the lines of "Was there ever a situation when you went above and beyond to help a customer out?"

Just make some scenario where a customer had some ridiculous request that you were able to figure out and fufill.

Make yourself sound like the greatest, phoniest do-gooder that there ever was. Too many people are honest in frank in these entry level positions (hence why they're still working these shitty entry level retail jobs, because they're tards). You just need to stand out amongst them, and that's not hard.

9 times out of 10 they'll hire you simply because they're desperate for employees.

Good luck OP
>>
>>17334453

this. people think that being frank will win them points, but honest to god the interviews always pick the phoniest goodie two shoes 'im so perfect' potential employees.
>>
>>17334458>>17334453
Thanks! That helps, i really want the job, and I'm starting to think that too. Researching about the company , trying to remember facts
>>
>>17334453
>Retail interviews ask you the same general interview questions you'll see on example interview question sites, so just prepare for those.
this.

>One oddball question you may be asked is something along the lines of "Was there ever a situation when you went above and beyond to help a customer out?"
>Just make some scenario where a customer had some ridiculous request that you were able to figure out and fufill.
you gotta sound convincing as well. it's just just what is said, op, but how it is said and the way you look.

>Make yourself sound like the greatest, phoniest do-gooder that there ever was. Too many people are honest in frank in these entry level positions (hence why they're still working these shitty entry level retail jobs, because they're tards). You just need to stand out amongst them, and that's not hard.
i disagree with this statement. i'd say let them come to a mutual understanding as to how good of a person you are. you don't have to imply arrogance or teacher's pet. people tend to find independent ones less problematic. but i could see it working out either way if you play the cards right.

>9 times out of 10 they'll hire you simply because they're desperate for employees.
if you got the interview, op, they want to hire people. the only way you mess up is if they see your social skills as slow. you can be as innocent or stupid as they view you but they may still hire you, is all i'm saying

also be concerned about seasonal positions. if it ends up being seasonal continue looking for jobs.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.