[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Op from last thread /adv/ help me with what to say with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: fbv.png (14 KB, 236x294) Image search: [Google]
fbv.png
14 KB, 236x294
Op from last thread
/adv/ help me with what to say with this girl I want to befriend who just left college
>details
>likes the same music
>similar interests
I just need help on each message because I am bad at social media thanks
>>
She talks like a retard anyone know why?
She is social anxious in real life but is still very popular, do you think she is just writing her thought flow or that its just a gimmick
>>
Why does she text like that?
>>
>>17334119
I dont know, the top image was probably worse because it had the shy monkey following the ahhs and wows
>>
>>17334122
Yeah. Is she a weeaboo or something?
>>
>>17334138
kek I guess so, she has a tokyo ghoul backpack
I would describe her as a goth
>>
Who the fuck cares how she writes. It's what you write that matters in text game.
>>
>>17334148
Yeah, thats why I have this thread, any advice on how to reply to her text?
>>
You want to befriend her or you want to date her? Big difference.
>>
>>17334165
I didnt talk to her past hellos at college, I want to date her but I am starting at the bottom
>>
>>17334168
So you want to lodge yourself in the friendzone by taking the time to become her buddy, then hope you can bust out of it? Nope. That's not how that works at all.

Ask her out. She likes art. Ask her to go with you to an art museum and dinner. It's that simple.
>>
>>17334175
True, so help me out on that, as in I still need to get past that retarded message then I will ask her out
>>
>>17334179

>Don't be hard on yourself. I think your art is great! Speaking of, come with me to <x art museum> and dinner this Saturday?
>>
File: 55421766.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
55421766.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
>>17334186
thanks a bunch man, just working out details before I message
>>
No, don't mention dinner. Just suggest an exhibition that you'd like to see yourself. Do your research, look up galleries in your city and then pick a few shows. Don't compliment her art, just tell her 'speaking of which, I'm thinking about going to see this and that art exhibition on <preferred day>, it would be cool to go together. Are you game?'

Always spin the conversation towards something positive, where you're being assertive, but outcome-independant.
>>
>>17334205
I agree with not saying dinner, and to research but is complimenting her art bad? seems like a good way to make her like me more as girls like compliments and a good way to get into asking her out, just saying "speaking of which" is kind of out of the blue right, remember I have no idea but just thoughts any one else want to chime in?
>>
>>17334205
Forgot to say - when you're at the art show, THEN's the time to suggest dinner. Preferably because something about art, and painting in particular, reminds you of cooking, the way both painting and cooking involves mixtures of various substances and both results in stuff that pleases the senses. Oh boy, that got me hungry. Are you up for grabbing some food and talk more later on?
>>
>>17334212
you seem pretty into art mandem, you gone on a art date before?
>>
Alright senpaitachi is there a minimum amount of messages between us before I ask them out to not seem creepy or pushy or is 2 each (4) enough
>>
>>17334210
Where have you heard that girls like being complimented?

That totally depends on the girl, what she's used to, her own self esteem, who's doing the complimenting and how.

Her saying her art is terrible is somewhat of a shit test. Nice guys will tell her no, your art is great, expecting her to fall for someone kind enough to offer his back for her to step on. Good men will tell her she better be shaping up and start doing more research if she wants to be on top of her shit, so why not start by getting up to date on contemporary art. Depending on your assertiveness, you could suggest dinner, but not in a begging way - in a way that makes her feel she's missing out in a good and eventful evening with a confident man.

And just to make sure:
No, you don't win girls over by complimenting them. You compliment them when compliments are due, and you know how to show your appreciation.

Also, most artists are complete bunk - what makes her art good is something you need to be able to put into context, if you chose to compliment on it.
>>
>>17334215
I've been a professional artist for 14 years, and I hesitate to answer yes. Definitely not on a first date, unless picnic on the studio floor counts.
>>
>>17334242
you think it will work for a first date or will it be a lot of walking and some talking
I hope she is as into art as she makes out or it will be a bust if she is engaged in art and wants to talk about the pieces then it will be great
>>
>>17334249
Gallery hopping sounds great for a first date. It's less formal than just dinner (I never so dinner on first couple of dates, it's too American for my taste,) as it allows for more freedom to be spontaneous. In between galleries there's the opportunity to 'grab a coffee', as apposed to 'going for a coffee', and dinner when you're done can be more of a common sense activity, instead of something she has to spend hours preparing for. Casual dates doesn't mean you can't impress her, but it puts less pressure on both of you.

Btw, looking at art doesn't mean you have to talk about art all the time. Also, when looking at art, it's easy to be in the mind frame where other things besides art makes you realise beauty in more everyday things, like parks - it'll allow the both of you do experience more subtly qualities overall, which the feeling of having a good experience together can build on.

I say go for it, it's likely unusual enough for her that it makes you stand out from other guys who only ask her out, without thinking about the experience as such.
>>
>>17334110
>>17334119
>>17334138
This is how we talked on BBSs, multinodes, and eventually the Internet in the 90s. Check out stuff that was written at that time. I have friends who still talk that way over text, but I'm closer to 30 than 40. I would find it odd if one of my students texted me like that, but not odd enough to worry about.
>>
File: fbv.png (15 KB, 222x294) Image search: [Google]
fbv.png
15 KB, 222x294
this is how it ended up
I think I can graft it but whatever opinions?
>>
>>17334518
Yeah. Idk, but where I'm at most galleries are closed on Monday anyway.

I you want to avoid being defeatist, just send her a quick 'no worries, I'll give you a rain check' and leave it at that. If she gives you nothing to work with, leave her alone for a month and try and meet other people.

You should still go to the gallery though, it'll tell your brain that you can manage without her.
>>
>>17334565
I said that it's alright but the offers still there if she feels up to it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.