[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been close friends with this guy for going on 9 years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I've been close friends with this guy for going on 9 years, since we were in college. He's been with the woman who is now his fiance for about 6 years, and I also have considered her a friend since they've been together. His bachelor party is this weekend, and last week I had to bail from the bachelor party, due to money issues. Essentially, my student loans and bills made it difficult, and vehicle issues made it impossible. Since they found out that I can't afford to go, they've stopped talking to me, but not before his fiance told me that "money is no excuse as [I've] had plenty of time to save," that I haven't been around very much, and that I "should paymy share since I won't be there anyway [sic]."

Now she's not wrong about my not being there very much; I work a lot just to keep my head above water. The problem is, and I have yet to mention this to them, is that he hasn't exactly been knocking down my door. More often than not, I'm the one who usually even initiates the conversation, much less facilitates getting together.

I've tried a couple of times over the last week to talk. I gave them a few days to cool off before I called him, but still no word.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
>>
>>17333871
Got a face book account or something with him?
>>
>>17333882
No, he deleted his a while back. I have his fiance on Facebook though.
>>
>>17333871
>I've tried a couple of times over the last week to talk.
text, or write a letter or do nothing. Sometimes friends fall out when someone gets pretty serious in a relationship. I still call, text or message my friends on their birthday and when we still go out for drinks and parties during new years eve or some summer nights. If you can't make the wedding just write him a message or letter and accept that you won't see your friend as often, it's not just about making peace with him but about making peace with yourself, or some guru bullshit.
>>
>>17333871
OP, she is likely more than happy to get a potential adversary out of her way, hence the strong language.

If they don't understand you have goals and priorities that supersede their parties, then they aren't true friends.

I would text him, and let him know you're sorry and feel bad about any potential fallout, but it's out of your hands. If he is accepting, then kudos. If he isn't, it'd be wise to move on with in your life without putting too much stock into this.

Note: it's easy for her to get mad over a party that is ALL about her, at least you understand her way of thinking now.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.